Chapter 13

It was Friday evening.  Rory had just gotten home.  Logan couldn't take Ricky this weekend because of some kind of business trip and when Lorelai caught wind of it, she had insisted on taking Ricky for the weekend.  So she picked up Ricky from school, and Rory had managed to get some extra work done before heading home.  Now she was sitting down with a cup of the amazing coffee that Logan had given her.  He was right, it's almost as good as Luke's.

Just as she was picking which lifetime movie to watch, her doorbell rang.  That's odd...I didn't order takeout, I don't think I should be expecting company.  She hopped up and opened the door to a waiting Logan.  "Logan, what are you doing here?"

He looked at her strangely, "I'm here to pick up Ricky?"

"No, you had a business trip this weekend.  Mom found out and all but kidnapped him from school today for a weekend in Stars Hollow."

"The business trip is next weekend Rory."

"Oh my god!" Rory exclaimed.  "I mixed up the weekends! Let me call mom.  She'll bring him right here.  I'm so sorry Logan."

"Hey hey hey, you know what?  It's ok.  I don't want to take him from your mom."

"But it will be two weekends in a row since you'll be gone next weekend.  I don't want you to not see him for three weeks."

"How about I come one night this week and one night next week and take him out.  That will make up for it."

"Are you sure?" Rory asked and Logan nodded. "Well I'm sorry you made the trip for nothing.  You probably want to get back to your Friday night."

She started to close the door, but Logan put his hand on it to stop her.  "Well I actually don't have any plans because of your mix-up," he said with a wink.  "I'm gonna be pretty lonely...I think it might be your job to fix that."

Rory snorted, "please Logan, you've never had a problem filling your nights before."

"I'm serious Rory, when's the last time you had a night out aside from your New York weekend?  Let me take you out for supper."

Rory looked suspicious.  "Why do you want to take me out Logan?  I'm fine just relaxing at home like I planned...really."

"Come on Rory, are you scared of me or what?" He challenged her with a raised eyebrow.

"Make yourself comfortable, I'll go get changed." She headed to her room. She was nervous...this is Logan. Why am I nervous??? We've been out a million times before! Looking in her closet, she found a sleeveless red dress with a draping neckline and black cardigan with shimmery threading in it. Luckily she hadn't showered so she still had makeup on. She pulled the clip out of her her and found a dressier one to replace it. Slipped on some black strappy heels and she was ready.

When she walked out of her room, she saw Logan look over at her and his jaw dropped. It made her feel flutters in her stomach...where had that come from?

Logan picked his jaw back up off the floor and reached his hand out for hers, "Ready?"

She nodded but couldn't seem to answer because she was too focused on the sparks that shot up her arm when she put her hand in his. I've known Logan for twenty years! We have a child together...holding hands might be the most innocent thing we've done...what the hell is happening to me!

She grabbed her purse, locked up the house and got into the car as Logan opened the door for her. One thing's for sure...this feels like a date.

Logan got in the car and glanced over at Rory. She was always beautiful, but in ten minutes, she had gone from sweatpants to a dress and looked downright gorgeous. Her soft curls were falling down her back just the way he liked it and damn if those heels didn't make her legs look even better. He had convinced Rory to go out to dinner, he hadn't mentioned the word date but he wondered if it had crossed her mind. This is the only woman I have ever loved. Could this be a big step in the direction of getting her back for good? He looked up to the heavens and thanked god for Rory's mixup...this was just the opportunity he was looking for. Now all he had to do was keep from screwing it up! One more look at Rory as he parked and he knew he would do anything to have her back completely.

He reached over and touched her hand and felt the same warmth he always did when they touched, but this time it was stronger. She looked like she was a million miles away. "Are you ready to go in?" He asked, and she looked over at him, a bit nervously in his opinion, and nodded again.