Chapter 35

And so it went, Logan put in an offer on the house, and they waited to hear back.  The realtor warned them that with the holiday week, it may take a little bit to hear back.  They were happy to relax and spend time together.  Ricky went to Lorelai's on Wednesday afternoon to stay until Sunday.  He was ecstatic and promised that he would miss his parents, but not too much.  He also warned them to stay out of trouble. 

They went straight to Logan's apartment in New York.  They had planned to get together with their friends on Thursday night and then attend some New Years Eve parties on Saturday.  So Wednesday night was meant to rest up and spend some alone time together. 

Logan was in the kitchen cleaning up after supper when Rory came in and tapped him on the shoulder.  He turned around to see her dressed in sky high heels and skimpy lingerie that made it look like she was wrapped in a damn bow.  After twenty years she could still shock the hell out of me.  "Here I thought I already got my present." 

"We are just getting started."  She closed the space between them and their lips met in a fiercely passionate kiss.  His hands roamed over her bare skin, appreciating every single curve.  Rory's hands were busy unclasping his belt first, then his pants.  Soon he was relieved of them, and she was kneeling down in front of him to relieve him of his underwear as well.

The woman had always been incredible, and tonight was no exception.  She was busy wrapping her lips around him and he was busy enjoying it.  Neither one heard the electronic lock click, but he saw the door opening.  Finn walked right in like he owned the place and all Logan could do was move himself and the woman in front of him closer to the counter so Finn couldn't see below his waist. 

"Alright mate, we need a game plan for the next few days!  Where is the woman that passed me up to go another round with you?"

Logan suppressed a chuckle while trying not to look down.  He had assumed that she would stop, but the naughty woman kept going so he focused on controlling his breathing instead. "She is taking care of something at the moment."  He swallowed hard.  "Maybe we should wait until she isn't indisposed?"

"No, I'm sure she won't mind if we go on without her," he said as he walked closer to the counter.

Logan leaned closer to the counter and swallowed hard, "you know I was actually supposed to be helping her with something.  How about we meet for breakfast tomorrow?"

Finn raised an eyebrow at him, and Logan could tell Rory was trying not to laugh.  She thought his struggle was funny! 

Finally, Finn nodded, "no problem.  Just text me when and where."  He turned to leave but hollered back over his shoulder, "and don't you think carpet would be much easier on her knees?  Goodbye Rory!"

She started choking and finally let him go.  Logan bust out laughing.  "Serves you right, that was cruel, woman!  Now get up and let me show you the error of your ways!"

He slapped her on the butt, led her to the bedroom, and unwrapped his present properly. She fit perfectly beneath him as he slid into her, never breaking eye contact. He poured every bit of feeling he could into making love to her. There had never been another woman to fit him like this. Or to understand him like she did. She matched him thrust for thrust, and when he knew she was close he drove her right over the edge and followed immediately, collapsing next to her on the bed.

They were struggling to catch their breath for a few minutes, but Rory found the words first. "So, how long am I going to hear about this from him?"

"I don't think you're gonna hear about this at all, it's what you were doing earlier..." She slapped Logan on the forearm. "Honestly, I'm surprised he never walked in on us in college. He did several times before you."

"Is that supposed to help me feel better?"

"Well kind of, they knew to be more careful with you around. Finn is notorious for not knocking, but you were special."

"Special? Like stop eating the paste special?"  She asked with a chuckle.

"From the very beginning," he said, pulling her into his arms, and gave her a kiss. 

They drifted off to sleep and didn't wake until morning.  Logan heard both their phones buzzing and assumed it was Finn but got up to check anyway. 

When Rory woke up and looked over, she saw him standing naked across the room on his phone.  She felt the familiar pull inside her that she had tried to ignore for so many years.  There would be no more ignoring it now, she didn't even want to try.  His phone rang and he answered it just as she slid her arms around him from behind.

"Ya, we'll meet you in half an hour," he was saying.  She could hear Finn's voice through the phone.  She let her hands wander over his toned stomach and then down, Logan cleared his throat a little.  "You know I think we better make it an hour.  I gotta go Finn, just text me where."  He hung up and turned around.  "I don't suppose you would like to join me in the shower?"

"You know I'm all about conserving water," she replied as he picked her up, and she wrapped her legs around him. 

An hour later, freshly showered and satisfied, they walked into the diner where Finn had asked them to meet hand in hand. 

"Well don't you two look happy."  He said with a grin on his face.

Rory turned a little red, but Logan just grinned right back, "you would be too man."

"Oh I have no doubt about that.  Love, you're blushing, everything ok?"

She leaned over and kissed him on the cheek, "I don't think you want to start a war of knowing questions, do you, Finn?"  She asked him with a knowing gleam in her eye.

He looked thoughtful for a moment, "I suppose not.  That's one hell of a woman you've got Huntzberger."

Logan just watched the exchange chuckling, "don't I know it," he replied while giving Rory's hand a squeeze.

Deciding to test Finn's restraint, she grabbed the menu, "let's order, I am just famished, I worked so hard last night and this morning!"

Finn coughed a little on his drink of coffee but managed to keep his mouth shut, while Logan chuckled even more.

They ordered, and then Finn launched into the plans for the evening, "so I rented the suite again."  He continued to go through the plans and timing.  Logan and Rory would be there to let the caterers and servers in because Finn was tied up.  They checked over the list of friends that were coming.  Anything else that came up would be between the three of them to take care of.  Since Finn, Logan, and Rory were already in the city and currently kid-free, they were the heads of it. 

They ate, went over plans, talked about their Christmases, and plans for New Year's Eve.  Nobody made sure their plans coincided, but the end party was always the same for everyone.  Finn's parents threw a big bash, and everyone went so it was natural to end there. 

They parted after eating with everyone's plans and meeting times down pat, ready to get on with anything else that needed done beforehand. 

It was tradition for the friends to throw a party in between Christmas and New Year's.  Since Ricky was born, Logan and Rory had always attended separately, but in the years between college and Vegas, Rory didn't attend.  She had always made sure she had an excuse because it was too hard to see Logan.  This would, of course, be the first time they would go together.  Most of the people came to Finn's celebratory gathering when they got back together, but this would be the first official party they would attend together since they reunited.