Soleil; Awakening

"Is It dead?"

"I don't think so."

"But It's not breathing."

"Yeah it is! Look at the rising and falling."

"I don't see it!"

"Look closer. What are you? A Red Giant?"

"Am not! I'm barely a Main Sequence."

"Sure. You might be going Out, sooner than you think."

"Oh shut up!"

I scrunched up my face at the brightness of the light seeping through my eyelids.

"It's getting up!" a voice squealed from the side of me.

Groggily, my eyelids flickered open. Squinting in the light, I turned my head to the side.

"You're Glowing too much! Don't Supernova!" another voice chided.

The light began to subside and I got a better look around my surroundings.

It was...well, bright.

I was in a small circular room. The walls glistened like shiny plastic, new and modernized. There was a small rectangular window in the wall in front of me. All I could see was the dense night littered with small blinking lights.

It was night time already?

I propped myself up on the bed. The blankets were strewn around me, showing my unrest during the night. As I sat up, my forehead made unfortunate contact with the head board. Glaring at the intertwined silver headboard, I rubbed my forehead. Each sheet was as soft as satin and as thin as paper, each was layered on top of my bed until I felt as swathed as a mummy. The walls were inlayed with glittering transient checkers, it flitted across the walls like the golden trail of a star.

Wait.

Where the heck was I?

I whipped around to face the two giggling visitors.

The girl to the right ogled me curiously out of scarlet eyes, her carmine curls cascaded down her back. Her skin was deathly pale, almost albino. It was at the point where I could've sword she was translucent. The girl on the left had bright blue hair, cropped short and framing her tiny pixie face. She tiled her head to the left and stared at me through piercing icy eyes.

"Who are you? Are you from the Altidore Cosmos?"

"Err... I'm from Las Vegas."

I received blanks stares.

"You know. Gambling? Casinos? Nevada?"

If anything, their eyes got wider. The red-head leaned over and whispered something behind her hand. All I caught were the words, "amnesia" and "lunatic".

"I'm not insane," I replied slowly. She ignored me.

The girl with blue eyes smiled widely,

"Well, you can tell us where you really from later. The Supergiants will probably drop by soon anyways."

"You're breaking Star Codes, you know that right? Unknown Stars can't cross into each other's territory except by permission. Even then, you've got to have Falling license."

"Wha....?"

It was all too much. I didn't understand a word they were saying. They were just jabbering to themselves, pointing an accusatory finger in my direction.

"What are you talking about? Stars? Supergiants? Falling? Codes? I'm not following at all!"

They leaned even closer towards me.

"What kind of Neutron Star ARE YOU?"

"Last I remember. I am not a glowing ball of hot gas. Especially not one as volatile as that!" They were insulting me by using Astrological terms? This had to be one big joke.

"Who called you that? Wait... Do you live on a... PLANET?" The last rose into the air like an imaginary term. As if they had just asked me, "Do you eat UNICORNS?"

"Yeah... Why wouldn't I?" This was all too weird. The people at this hospital were weird. The people in whatever state, country, continent, I was in, was weird.

I pushed the covers off of me and took a step towards the door.

The two girls placed their hands on my shoulders and pushed me down on the bed.

"What are you doing?" I snapped angrily, getting back up.

"You have to stay here until the Supergiants come!"

"Listen, I don't know who these "Supergiants" are. But I'm going to call the Police if you don't let me out of here now."

" 'Police' ?" they asked at the same time.

"Don't give me that stupid look. You know what I'm saying. Now get out of my way, I need to go home."

They merely stared at me, their outlines seemed to glow. It was eerie. The air around them seemed to hum with subtle power.

"I'm beginning to think... That's impossible for you." 'Carmine' muttered.

"You see," the other one interrupted, "you're kind of... not on your planet anymore."

"What... do you mean?" I asked quietly.

"Welcome to the Meridian Cosmos; Home of Stars."