Sequel Sneak Peek

It's strange. Your entire life could change overnight, at least mine did. Not once, but twice.
Six years, its been six years.
Six years ago, I went through the most traumatizing life altering change, to say my life was a mess would be an understatement. I lost everything overnight, held against my will, fell in love in the most toxic way, was betrayed, lied to by my own mother, almost got killed, got deceived, thought I was delusional, was pretty much on the verge of going crazy, got my heartbroken and I abandoned the love of my life (back then).

When I moved to Australia, I knew deep down that it was the best decision I ever made, sure I was in an immense amount of emotional damage, but nothing I couldn't heal. A whole year of therapy and  professional help  helped me shift into the woman I am today.

Hi, I'm Adriana Lockwood, wife of Joseph Myres, mother of Nala, but most importantly, co-owner of "T for Tacos", that started as a small restaurant in the town I was residing in to one of the most known mexican cuisine restaurants, with five branches all over the country.

I owe it all to Joseph, six years ago, I was drowning my sorrows in a bar near my small studio, I was still hung up on memories of Noah, when I left him I made him promise not to come after me, not to look for me, and just prentend that I never existed, a man of his word. I waited day and night, dreamt of opening my door to find him outside, fantasized about running into him in the street, waited so long for as much as a text message, an email, a goddamn letter but never received anything, just like that we both disappeared from each other's lives. I knew nothing about him, and he knew nothing about me. When I met Joseph, I was in no state to let someone into my life again, I was pregnant with Noah's baby practically scared as shit not knowing whether to keep her or not but Joseph helped me out, he slowly gained my trust, we grew closer as friends at first, he hooked me up with his therapist, went to all Dr appointments with me to make sure my baby is healthy, and well he helped me face my new reality. I eventually fell for him, hard, in a healthy way, Joseph's love is sweet, peaceful, its like running in the fields of sunflowers and daisies, it made my heart feel calm which was hard to accept as first, being used to the thrill.
Joseph and I have been together for two years now, he helped me raise Nala and treated her as his own child. When we were still friends we would go out every Tuesday night for tacos, it became our thing. One night we were so drunk, and we came up with the idea of opening up our own restaurant, he had the money and I had the brains, a year later we actually did it, our business was booming but we have been struggling lately, I'm sure we'll find a way to get back on top.

Nala knows that Joseph is not her real father, but it's starting to haunt me now, she always asks me about her real father and I never gave her a satisfying answer

~*~

Noah's POV

"Adri, stop running around you're going to hurt yourself sweetheart!" I called after my daughter, but she never really listens to me, and I'm pretty sure she stole all the energy from this universe with that stamina of hers. "Bla bla blaaaaa" she yelled and kept running in the backyard, I rubbed my temple "kids, they never listen" I mumbled, Andres let out a small laugh "why are you laughing?" "She reminds me of a woman who also never listened to you" he continued laughing, ah yes, Miss Adriana, or shall I say Mrs Myres. I rolled my eyes "You really enjoy reminding me of her, don't you" he smiled "You named your daughter after her, I don't think its a me problem" touché, why did I even do that. "Whatever, keep an eye on her, I need to go finish up some things" I patted Andres on his shoulder, "Sure thing boss, keep me updated" I just nodded and made my way to the garage, I put on my shades, and took out my car keys, the engine roared to life and I sped off, couldn't miss my appointment.

Six years ago, I was a completely different human, less of a human to say the least, I was left completely shattered when Adriana abandoned me, she left a void so huge in my heart and life, that I'm still trying to fill till this day. I didn't know what to do with my life, I threw away everything that reminded me of her, sold all my properties, left the mafia, moved to another country with just Andres and Max with me, bought a house on a farm land, and tried my best to move on, but I failed. I stalked her, knew where she lived, secretly kept tabs on her, had someone watch her every single move to make sure she was safe, but I never had the guts to face her, I just couldn't, knowing she deserved a fresh start, to move on and live her life without me, as much as it killed me inside, and she did. When I found out she was getting married I was about to go shoot the man, but I couldn't do that to her, especially that she had a baby with him. So instead, I adopted a baby girl, and named her after her, I tried to focus on my new life, I gave baby Adriana my all, I made sure she felt loved, cared for, spoiled her the way I always wished I was spoiled by my parents, not with material things but with my love, attention, and care.
My phone ringing brought me back from my reverie, I tapped my airpods to answer "This is Noah speaking" an evil smile crept on my lips when I heard the man on the other end of the line "Mr. Noah, this is Joseph Myres, Owner of T for Tacos" "Yes greetings Mr. Myers, I suppose you went over my proposal?" I asked "Yes this is the purpose of my call, so listen, I think it would be better if we set up a live meeting, I have many things to discuss" he said gotcha "yes of course, set a date and time and email me the details" I replied "Honestly I want to get this over with as soon as possible, we're on the verge of closing down all branches and I don't want that. I will discuss details with my co-owner and i'll be in touch" now here's the fun part "sure thing, keep me posted, have a good day" I said then hung up before he could say anything else.

What an idiot, watch how I'm going to steal your business and wife from you.

~~~~~

A/N:
Hi!! Its been such a long time!!
I don't know why I got the urge to continue this story, but Im testing the waters with this small excerpt.
Do I keep going? Do you guys want a sequel?
Do you want Nodriana's endgame?

Comment down below please!
Your opinion matters

Love,
Author 💕