•thirty eight•

*to re jog your memory I wrote a lil part of chapter 37... because it's been a long while, if you still don't remember what happened skim chapter 37*

~chapter 37...
"Now, I'm going to leave you with these" he turned to the suitcase and took out papers

"These are the contracts signed by your mom, the company contract, the one regarding you, and everything else, and you can listen to our conversation" he got up and I was speechless, I honestly couldn't muster one word.

I was shocked beyond belief, this was too much to take in.

"Guys release her and leave her here alone" Noah ordered and one of the guards complied and they released my hands

"I'll be back in half an hour" he said and then he left

Everyone left

Leaving me alone with evidence that my own mother despised my existence, that the guy I thought was my hero was the villain

That my entire life was just a lie

And that I was such a gullible person.

I took a deep breath and started shuffling through the papers

Not knowing where to start and wether this too was scam. Wether I was being deceived right now too.

I've never felt lowly of myself like this
Tears clouded my vision as I started reading
No f*cking way

~*~*~*~*
Adriana's POV;

Empty. Void. Vacant.

I felt empty so deep inside
There was a void that needed to be filled with love and hope again
My heart was vacant

I guess I should have expected that from my own mother right? Ha ha mother... I mean I knew her best, how was I so damn blinded by my feelings and how much I needed someone, a mother figure, in my life that I actually forgot how she was like before, how she was like my entire life.

Maybe if I wasn't so focused on hurting Noah like he hurt me I wouldn't have believed her, I mean I wasn't supposed to hate him either, he said he doesn't love me back, he never said he did then lied. It just hurt so much back then because I expected highly, and that's on me.

Noah regardless of everything, was still looking out for me, is still though. He saved my ass, saved my life. Saved me from marrying and tying the knot with a selfish heartless deceiving snake, I fell for his looks and was completely oblivious to what was behind.

But now I am determined, and I have figured out that everything I felt was false, I just wanted to believe that I hate Noah and love Luca when it's the complete opposite, and right now I owe Noah an apology. Everything he said about my mother was true, although he did work with her but he didn't know how he was saving me from her.

I looked down on the papers in front of me and in one swift motion from me they flew off the table, each paper landing somewhere around the room, I stood up and headed to the door, it was unlocked, I opened it and didn't find anyone outside, all the guards have left, and the hallway was so dim but at the end I saw light creeping from a door, I ran and jumped up the stairs reaching the door, I twisted the handle and got out, only to find myself somewhere very familiar.