Chapter Ten

DARK

Only d/n remained out of the hunters, the others being slain and dumped in a sloppy pile in the corner of the kitchen. d/n was strapped to a chair but never once did he struggle or demand to be let go instead he chose to lock eyes with me thinking he could win a staring battle with a demon who didn't need to blink.

"Come to finish off what you couldn't first time around Dark? When I told the others who had failed to kill me they laughed and mocked you, you're not the scary demon people have painted you to be. You're pathetic and weak, letting emotion come into play over that thing in the other room."

I clench my hand around the handle of the knife, d/n knew how to push all the right buttons. Yes, I had gained emotion after saving y/n from certain death, but that didn't make me weak. If anything it made me stronger because apart from Anti I now had someone else to fight tooth and claw for.

"That thing has a name, she's called y/n and she was your daughter until you slit her throat and stabbed her in the eye leaving her for dead. She has a new family now, and now you'll go down in history as the demon hunters who failed to take out the strongest family of demons, imagine the laughing stock you'll be amongst the other members."

Two could play at the button pushing game, and for a split second d/n's tough facade drops. He knew what I was saying was right, he'd failed at killing his daughter and had let her be raised by demons who he failed to kill.

"Just kill him already Dark, think about Anti and y/n." Wilford chimes in from the doorway, obviously having dumped y/n somewhere so he could watch the show.

With one swift motion I plunge the knife into d/n's chest relishing in hearing the ribcage crack as the blade found its home in his heart. He jolts in the chair, a line of blood trickles from the corner of his mouth. I twist the knife around for good measure, wanted him to be in as much pain as possible so that even in death he didn't forget my face.

"I think he's dead now brother," The Host whispers lowly in my ear, coming up behind me and placing a firm hand on my shoulder.

Taking the knife out of the now dead hunter I admire the way his blood dances along the full length of the blade. Now to get my lover back.

"So we just put this thing inside Anti and he wakes up?"

Wilford snorts, "you're good at putting things inside Anti aren't you little brother?"

I roll my eyes and push past Wilford, being followed by The Host and Glitch as I approach Anti's still cold and lifeless corpse. From the dining room, I can hear y/n, Jack, Mark and even Schneep laughing.

Sending a little prayer to whoever was listening despite not even believing in God I plunge the knife into Anti's chest and let it go. Immediately a white light emits from the wound and I take a step back unsure what was happening. Anti's eyes shot open, his eyes shining a luminous white almost looking like what Light emits from his person all the time.

The light fades and I quickly remove the knife before Anti can heal around it. The white eyes fade until I'm met with the familiar black orbs and pulsing green pupil I never wanted to lose again.

"Well that was rather unpleasant; I don't think I quite like dying. I'll stick to life thank you very much guys."

Anti brushes imaginary dirt off before locking eyes with me a cheeky smile stretching across his face, before he lunges himself at me nearly knocking me to the floor. For someone who used to be a corpse he sure was fit as a fiddle.

"Hello, lover did you miss me?"

I try to swat him off but fail, instead giving in and letting him smash his lips down on mine. I wanted to yell at him how stupid he was for diving in front of me, but all the anger seemed to fade the longer the kiss landed.

"Err gross get a room...y/n cover your innocent eye..."

Anti pulls away from me, his ears perking up at the mention of y/n's name coming from Jack's lips. Jack, Mark and Schneep were stood in the dining room doorway y/n squirming in Jack's arms as she sees Anti.

"Come here little one."

With some reluctance to listen to Anti, Jack places y/n down who sprints towards Anti who crouches down to catch her. He scoops her up and she clutches onto him for dear life giggling and burying her face into the crook of his neck, the sight would make any cold-hearted bastard smile.

"Daddy, you're back."

Anti chuckles, "and I'm not leaving either of you again."

WILFORD

The soppy scene in front of me was getting too much to handle, I was happy for Dark and his family but I needed some fresh air. Nudging Glitch in the side I motion back towards the kitchen and all the dead bodies.

"How do you fancy helping me dig a mass grave Glitch?"

He nods, "thought you'd never ask Wilford."

The two of us slowly back out of the room.

JACK

It was strange seeing Dark and Anti so happy, when once upon a time they were cold-hearted killing machines who thought of no one else but themselves. y/n coming into their life was just what they needed to change into better demons. I might also be slightly jealous of their relationship because I wanted someone to love me as much as Anti loved Dark.

MARK

I can't keep my eyes off Jack the whole time the happy family reunion goes on in front of us. I needed to come clean and admit my feelings for the green haired Irishman before he found someone else to spend the rest of his life with. Maybe one day we could have a kid of our own and y/n would have another human friend her age.

DARK

Let this be a lesson to anyone who thinks they can come in and rip this family apart. Together we're strong, together we'll take down anyone who gets in our way. Now I kind of wanted everyone else to leave so I could have some alone time with my favourite demon and well favourite and only daughter.