Chapter Six

ANTI

Dark was pacing up and down the main hallway leading to the front door, he only paced when he was nervous and usually, our extended family didn't make him nervous but when everyone had insisted on coming around Dark was scared they were going to take y/n away from us. Dr Schneep was coming over to take our side since he was the one who fixed y/n up, this meeting was going to be an interesting one.

"Why is dad tense?" y/n questions from my arms.

"We have a pretty big family and some of them look a lot like Dark and me but they aren't us exactly y/n. Some will be nice while others will be intense and a little scary at first. Just stay close to me at all times understood?"

y/n nods and I carry her into the lounge area where she was happily drawing before Dark started pacing. I put her down and a sippy cup of juice to keep her occupied, while Sam jumped and danced around her.

Sam was a recent creation, he wasn't a dog per say because he only had one big eye, no mouth, and a wiggly green tail but y/n loved him and treated him like one which he seemed to like. At first, Dark was worried for her safety but then I assured him that Sam was programmed to look out for her and alert us if anything bad happened while we weren't with her.

The front doorbell chimes and I seat myself on the sofa ready for the onslaught to come through the door. Dark was trying his best to keep his voice down and less booming but whoever had arrived first had struck a nerve.

"Didn't know you had it in you brother to kill and well fail to get yourself a snotty kid. You're getting very sloppy Dark, should have put a bullet between his eyes and shut him up for good."

Warfstache waltzes into the lounge like he owns the place with a fuming Dark behind him. Wilford was older than Dark and they bickered and fought all the god damn time.

"Hello Wilford," I snarl from the sofa.

He ignores me and focuses his attention on y/n who was blissfully unaware of his presence or ignoring him as she continued to draw. He takes in the eye patch and neck wound before actually acknowledging me.

"Geesh what did you do to her? I almost feel bad for her."

I sigh loudly and explain as well as I can about the real situation and not the fake one on TV. Wilford actually appears to listen to me intently, making a passing remark about fake news and how as a journalist himself would never lie to his adoring public.

"Why are you sad Mr?"

y/n tugs on the bottom of Wilford's suit jacket and for a split second I go into defensive mode because Wilford didn't like people touching him, especially a child of all people. Wilford clenches his fist, then crouches down to y/n's height and unclenches his fist.

"What makes you think I'm sad kid?"

"Because daddy said something and you made an upset face. Are you okay?"

How was y/n being so calm around Wilford? Even Dark who was lurking in the doorway was eyeing the scene suspiciously knowing that his older brother could be quite unpredictable.

Wilford chuckles, "smart kid, I like you. Now I'm going to have a word with these two idiots then I'll be back."

He ruffles her hair before standing back up and motions for Dark and me to follow him out of the room.

Once outside the lounge Dark shuts the door and goes back to leaning against the wall staring at his brother.

"Why did you call us out here brother?"

"What are you going to do about that son of a bitch slandering you on the news when he's a murderous alcoholic who the second he gets his hands back on y/n will kill her?"

I was stunned, here I expected Wilford to mock Dark and I for wanting to raise a kid but now he wanted to know what our plan of action is.

Dark runs his fingers through his hair, "we don't have a plan Wilford, as soon as the news broke you guys decided to invite yourselves over."

Wilford snorts, "The other egos will be easy to convince, one look at y/n and they'll be on your side. But Mark and Jack, on the other hand, be prepared for a shit storm."

Just as he finishes speaking and twirls his pink moustache the doorbell rings again, and this time Dark shoots me a look that says you're getting the door Anti.

2 HOURS LATER

DARK

Mark and Jack still hadn't turned up, then again they couldn't just teleport here like everyone else because they were still human. Turns out y/n could wrap anyone around her little finger, everyone was smitten with her and wanted to make her old dad pay for laying a hand on her.

The news was on mute in the background as we all followed the story feverishly, it was only after a few minutes that I noticed Google wasn't talking and instead was looking straight at the wall.

"Hey Google, you broken or something?"

Google locks eyes with me, "I'm scanning my records for that mark on the humans' wrist, we've come across it before."

Anti pauses the TV and scrolls backwards until we can get a good look at d/n's wrist and what the hell Google was rambling about. Maybe he needed a system update.

"Oh shit...mind the language little y/n...I know that symbol..."

I scowl at Glitch for swearing in front of y/n who seemed unfazed and more interested in playing fetch with Sam across from us.

"What is it Glitch?"

Anti places a calming hand on my knee to try and keep me from exploding at my younger brother.

Glitch shudders and glitches in and out of this world, "I've only heard stories and myths. But that looks an awful lot like a hunter symbol you guys use to scare me with at night to make me sleep."

Wilford, The Host and I look between each other before The Host clears his throat having kept silent most of his visit.

"It's more of a cult than a well-mannered society, they don't follow any rules or laws. Call themselves Black Eye, because they always strike at night and are said to have eyes everywhere. They do hunt other things, but demons they get their kicks off hunting and killing."

Great, so I had taken y/n off some crazy demon killing cult member and now he knew what I looked like and most likely what I was.

"How do we fix this brother?" Wilford chimes in.

The Host shrugs his shoulders, a few stray drops of blood seeping from under his bandaged eyes, "cut off the snakes head and disappear. By now he'll have alerted the rest of the cult and they'll be planning an attack."

Anti's hand moves from my lap to entwine his fingers through mine, The Host was suggesting we kill d/n and then run away and hide for god knows how long.

"For all d/n knows y/n is dead, if he hates demons he won't for a second think we kept her alive and well. She'll be safe."

The Host sighs, "Maybe but maybe not. He'll be thinking why Dark didn't take the opportunity to kill y/n in the house. We need to get him while he's still in Police custody and pray he hasn't been able to contact anyone."

"Can't y/n stay with Mark and Jack while we gut ourselves a demon hunter? d/n wouldn't be stupid enough to go after two high-profile youtubers who are never out of the public eye."

Schneep raised a good point; we couldn't leave y/n alone in the house even if she had Sam and as much as I didn't want to admit it Mark and Jack were our best hope at keeping y/n safe.

"Who's staying with us? And what is this about a demon hunter?"

A shudder runs down my spine hearing Mark's overly cheery voice in the doorway, Anti had given Jack a key for some odd reason and now the two humans had access to our house.