Chapter 18 - The Big Day

Peeta's POV

I rush around, trying to find my bowtie. Marvel grabs it from my couch and passes it. I put it in a perfect bow around my collar.

I remember having to pack the cakes in boxes and making bows around them with ribbon.

I shake my head to clear the thought. I hardly have anytime to think, anyway. My best friend is getting married in just a few hours.

Finnick sits on his wheelchair across the room. He is already in his suit, watching us walk around.

I missed him so much. When he finally came back I wouldn't let go of him.

He still has a cast around his legs and arms, but his upper body isn't as bad. He smiles at me now, the gleam in his eyes.

I've never seen a man that brave.

He needs someone to push him around, since he can't use his arms, but that's no problem because he has Annie.

He was originally Cato's best man, alongside Marvel, Gale and I, but they decided it would be too hard. So he'll just be in the audience.

He's such a great sport, though, he is happy for Cato no matter what.

I chuckle. 'You alright, Finnick?' I ask, adjusting my suit jacket. He grins. 'Never been better.'

I let him have a moment of silence before I speak.

'Good.'

Because that's all I can say, really.

Because that's all I can think, really.

Just how good this is.

Katniss's POV

Clove walks in, her dress is on!

It's white, and has a very nice cotton material, with a large bow at the back thats tied around the dress.

She has a veal that covers her face. She has a smile on her face. I feel like crying, but I don't. Because I want to save my tears for the wedding.

'Clove. It's beautiful.' Glimmer says before me. She rushes over but doesn't touch Clove, not wanting to ruin it in any way.

Clove's smile gets wider. Johanna walks over. 'You look amazing.' I say, almost speechless.

We all get in a hug. Clove doesn't dare cry or it would wash off the make-up.

Johanna, Glimmer and I all wear bridesmaid dresses. Made of cotton, as well, and flowers sown on.

The theme is white so the dresses are white and our flowers are white roses.

We don't really know what to do. I want to go see the boys but I know we can't see them until the wedding.

I think about how handsome Peeta will look in his tuxedo.

Then there's Cato, who was freaking out the last time I saw him.

I know he wants this, though, hes loved Clove from the moment he saw her.

I take a deep breath and prepare for this. Johanna and Clove talk and Glimmer tries to reapply her make-up after a few accidental tears.

I wait. Just so I can really think about this.

Because, honestly, there is so much to think about.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for a short chapter, I didn't have much time to write! I will try update tomorrow :)

VERY EXCITING!! Clato <3

Keep on reading, guys, thank you so much!