Chapter 14 - I love you

Katniss's POV

'Finnick, are you alright?'

His eyes open and make contact with mine.

'Katniss?' He mumbles, he looks as if he'll pass out. I can't let that happen.

'Finnick, it's me. I'm here.' I say, but I get stuck with words; tears start to run down my cheeks. He looks at me, uncertain. I try to smile. Why do I have to be so awkward?

He actually looks worried about me, which is NOT what I was hoping for. I take his hand. He smiles slightly. I feel someone touch me, I turn around quickly.

But it's just Peeta. He smiles at me brightly. I sigh of relief and smile back. He looks down at Finnick who grins at his appearance. Peeta takes a seat next to the bed.

I take in the face of Finnick, his tired eyes, his bruises and scars. He is no longer the beautiful, happy, spectacular boy I met years ago, he is the hurt, sad and exhausted boy.

'Are you feeling alright?' Peeta asks him sadly. Finnick's eyes gleam at him.

'Alright? I feel amazing!' Finnick exclaims, but when he tries to move his neck pains rush up his body and he cringes. The cast; it makes me feel lucky to have him here.

Peeta laughs quietly. 'I'm sure you do, bud.' He tells him. Finnick moves his arm to the railing for his bed and drops his hand slowly on Peeta's.

Peeta takes it and smiles. But his blue eyes have never being more filled with tears. I know Peeta's trying to keep them in, for his and Finnick's sake, but I almost feel like crying seeing Peeta this upset.

I just watch Finnick who closes his eyes quite slowly, trying to picture things he loves, then after just a few silent moments, he's asleep.

***

The Next Morning

Peeta's POV

I look over at Katniss who is still fast asleep. I try to think of what happened last night after our visit with Finnick.

A few images fade through my mind...but they can't be true? No. They couldn't have. But I feel a part of me knows what happened.

Katniss opens her eyes and looks directly at me. I know she's thinking the same thing. 'Did we?' She starts, and I know what she means.

I nod my head. 'I think..' I say, my eyes glancing down. She gasps. 'I don't even remember.' She whispers. I don't either. 'I think we had a few drinks.' I tell her awkwardly.

Well this is a surprise for her. She had her first drink and her first 'time'. I look at her uncertain expression.

'I don't know what to say.' She looks at me, but I know she's struggling to make eye contact.

I embrace her. 'I'm so sorry, Katniss.' I tell her, because I am sorry. I am so sorry it hurts. We sit up and embrace. 'No. It's not your fault. It was bound to happen one day, anyway.' She tries to comfort me.

I look down at her. 'Yes. One day.' I say sadly. I feel bad. When I feel bad for Katniss, I really do.

'Peeta, it's okay. I will get over it with some time, we both will. Then, when the times right, it won't even matter.' She looks up at me and smiles with her sparkling eyes.

'I love you Katniss.' I say, because it's true. I could say it thousands of times, but I don't, because I want her to know I mean it when I say it.

She smiles. 'I love you too, Peeta.' She answers.

'Always.'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I have a chapter for you! Thanks for all these views!

Comment below feedback, I would love to hear it!!

Sorry for the wait, I will try update more.