Chapter 8 - Graduation Part 3

Katniss's POV

'Peeta!' I shriek, he turns the wheel quickly and the car dodges around the truck. We nearly just crashed. I look over at Peeta who's eyes are wide open in shock. Finnick has his arms over Annie protectively. I sigh.

Peeta's face fills with guilt. 'I'm so..sorry.' He gasps. I squeeze his hand. He just looks at the road in front. I try to comfort him. 'It's okay, Peeta. You didn't crash. We're fine.' I assure him. Tears come to his eyes, no, I can't see him cry. It will upset me. I make him stop.

He pulls over at the side of the road. I wrap my arms around him. 'You were thinking about your father, weren't you?' I ask sadly, burying my face in his shirt. He holds me. 'I can't help it.' He looks at Finnick and Annie. 'I'm sorry.' He whispers.

Finnick puts a hand on his shoulder and looks at him sympathetically. 'It's alright, Peeta. We're not dead, right?' He tries to cheer him up and grins. Peeta just shakes his head and starts the car. We start driving again. I can't help but feel cautious about Peeta driving. I keep glancing at him to make sure he's paying attention.

Of course that's a stupid thing to do, he would not take his eyes off the road another second after that.

We finally arrive at school and Peeta still looks sad. We take each others hands. Marvel, Glimmer, Cato, Clove, Johanna and Gale meet us. Everyone starts hugging. Our last school day!

'PARTY!!!' Cato shouts. 'YEAH!!' We all shout back. Before you know it, Cato is spinning Clove around, Finnick and Annie are making out, Glimmer just kisses Marvel, he starts to kiss back, Gale and Johanna are dancing and Peeta and I, well we just look at everyone in confusion. Peeta looks at me and smiles.

I can't help myself, well we are together right? I fling myself in his arms. He catches me and lifts me up. I start to giggle. We stare at each other, his cool blue eyes admiring me. My legs go around his waist as he slowly lowers me. He holds my back and we kiss. I wrap my arms arond his neck. I love him so much.

People stop and look. Even Finnick and Annie can't beat us. We just keep kissing, though, I'm not going to let him go. I am so happy. Peeta doesn't look like he'll let go soon, either. I hear Marvel whistle. Cato laughs. 'Okay, lovebirds, time to get to class.' Johanna says, laughing. Peeta lowers me down to the ground and pulls away. I grin.

I look around and see everyone staring, I blush. Marvel has an arm around Glimmer. She has a goofy grin on her face. Looks like she finally got him. Gale is looking at me with a straight face, of course he's jealous. Peeta taps my shoulder. I turn to him. 'Katniss, let's get to class.' He looks at everyone. Why are they still staring?

'You guys really love each other, don't you?' Clove asks, but it's not meant to funny. I raise my eyebrows. 'Yeah, why?' I ask. Finnick laughs and Cato smirks. 'It's just, we thought you wouldn't last.' Annie says slowly. Now I feel angry. Why would they think that? 'What makes you say that?' Peeta reads my mind. Marvel looks at Glimmer and looks back at us, sighing. 'It doesn't matter, it's good that you guys really love each other.' He smiles.

But there is something going on, I swear. Everyone starts walking to class and I just look at Peeta, he shrugs. He takes my hand and we start walking.

I don't know what's going on, but I don't think I'll have the time to find out. The day will be very busy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry I lied, Graduation will be in the next one I PROMISE

Updating soon :)