Chapter 5 - Confession

Peeta's POV

'I...love you.' Katniss tells me, I look at her and see she's bright red. I am shocked. She actually loves me?!

'What?!' I exclaim. This is insane. Do I love her back? That's a stupid question, of course I do. 'I love you, Peeta. I have for quite a while.' Katniss repeats, her face getting redder each second. I smile. 'I love you too.' I say, she looks up at me. 'You..do?' Her eyes light up. 'Of course I do, Katniss. Gosh, I've loved you for as long as I've known you.'

Katniss smiles. I smile back. Katniss leans forward and kisses me. It feels so different, I love it. I kiss her back. Is this actually happening? It is. I'm kissing Katniss Everdeen. We kiss for a few minutes and then she pulls away, blushing. I hug her. I've never felt happier.

She lies her head on my chest. I wish I didn't have to leave her.

'OPEN UP!' Finnick yells, slamming on the door. Katniss pulls away and opens the door. Everyone is standing there. 'What were you guys doing?' Clove asks, leaning against the wall. I look at Katniss. 'We were just saying our goodbyes.' I say, not wanting to tell the truth. Not now, anyway, everyone has enough on their mind.

Glimmer steps forward. 'Peeta, please stay.' She begs. I look at everyone's pleading faces. How can I leave them? 'I have to.' I sigh. Katniss starts to cry. Finnick hugs her. I can't stand so much sadness in one room, especially since it's just over me. I walk past everyone and leave the house.

I go home and see my dad standing there in the kitchen, crying. I walk over. 'Dad?' I ask, walking over slowly. 'Peeta. It's your mother, she left me.' He sobs. I look at him. I have to admit, I did expect it. My dad was always getting mad at her when she beat me. I sigh. 'Dad. We can't leave. I'm sorry, I love Katniss. I need my friends.' I see his bright blue eyes make contact with mine.

'I understand, son. You don't want to let your love go. I did, now look where I am. I'm afraid I have to go, though.' My dad says, clearing his throat. He then comes over and hugs me. Tears come down my cheek. He lets me go and smiles at me. 'Spend your life with her, son. I hope to see you again some day.' He holds my face in his hands. I watch him leave the house, gone forever.

I feel like running to him, telling him I'll leave. But I try to hold on to the last bit of advice from my father, spend my life with Katniss.

Katniss runs in. 'Peeta! Where is your father going?' She asks, panting. I smile. 'Don't worry about him.' I say. She looks at me, confused. I just walk over and kiss her. She seems shocked at first but kisses me back. We slowly pull back, looking into each others eyes.

I love her so much, man, how can I even put her into words? She smiles. 'Peeta, I miss my family.' She whispers. I kiss her forehead. 'I know you do.'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow! Finally it's happening. Updating soon :)