•18•

Milo

I'd been keeping an eye on Rosa almost all day. She seemed so happy with her friends. I think her friends are called Chantelle and Wilma. She probably has more friends however this is just her close friend group.

My friends, especially Adam and Gunner, talked about girls a lot. Brett already had a girlfriend; Samina. She was hot, I guess. Rosa dressed a lot more casual and nicer than she did. Speaking of Rosa, she was looking over at me right now. She turned away but not before I caught the horrific look on her face. I think she was horrified that I saw her looking at me.

Oh my god. She was looking at me. Looking at me.

Now I do sound like a girl but I honestly don't care. I may have a chance with her after all. Rosa hadn't talked to me for quite a while. 

Well, I lie. We talked in class. I miss her voice, though. 

"Marcus." Speak of the devil and he or she will come. I turned around from my mates and glanced at Rosa. She stood there looking down at me with a small smile. 

"Rosa," I breathed out her name. I turned around to say goodbye to my mates and when I did, they all had an eyebrow raised and were smirking. Brax was snickering into his chip packet which became obvious as I looked at him.

Cause laughing into a chip packet is a thing now. 

"Good one, bro's," I called as I gripped Rosa's wrist and lead her to a large tree on the green oval. 

Rosa and I sat down on the tree trunks and Rosa looked me over. I waited for her to speak since she must want something if she came over to me beforehand. Rosa sighed and flicked a fly off her knee. She watched it fly away, her eyes and head following its movements. 

"Rosa?" I finally said.

Rosa's head flicked back towards me like she'd forgotten I was here all along. 

"Yeah?" she replied.

"Did you want something?" I asked her, not knowing that I was suddenly leaning in further.

"Yeah, I did actually," Rosa nodded and tilted her head slightly. 

I waited a bit for Rosa to say what she wanted, but it didn't come. 

"And?" I prodded.

"Oh," Rosa seemed distracted by something else; her thoughts or maybe even a guy. Please no. Don't be a guy. "I'd like your phone number." 

"Why's that?" I furrowed my eyebrows. I didn't need to be worried this time. I had bought myself a new phone and labelled it, front and back, 'Marcus.' 

"I want you to meet Milo," Rosa shrugged. 

"Over the phone, sure," I agreed.

Confusion crossed Rosa's face for barely a second before it was replaced with a bright smile. Rosa produced her phone from the pocket in her skirt and we exchanged numbers. We walked back and I dropped Rosa off with her friends before returning to my own. 

"It was lovely to catch up with you again, Rosa," I said, nodding.

"Obviously," Rosa blushed. 

I smiled at her red cheeks, partly to keep myself from blushing, too. 

"I mean, I enjoyed it too," Rosa laughed at herself. 

"That's great," I said. "I hope we can do it more often."

"Yeah, me too," Rosa agreed with me. 

"Bye," I walked away with confidence. We'd probably talk more tonight but I wasn't going to mention that. Rosa could tell her friends and I still wasn't sure if I could keep up with being two people at once.

Hey guys!!

Hey guys!!

What do you think of this chapter? Let me know below! Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed it! Check out my other books, too. Leave your votes and comments and be sure to follow me. Share this book with your friends! Will update soon.

Lots of love, Phee xx