•13•

Milo

I threw on my light brown wig and secured it so it wouldn't fall off. After pulling on my cap,  I handed the taxi driver some money and hopped out the car. It was five past four when I walked into the Small Cafe. I wasn't sure if I wanted Rosa to meet "me" or if I just wanted her to stay blind. Maybe it'll be best if I stay a mystery to her. 

Why am I doing this?

Maybe because I've always been told to be careful about who knows who I really am. There are people at school who know who I really am. 

But maybe I'm Milo, not Marcus. Or maybe I'm Marcus and not Milo.

I walked into the Small Cafe and spotted Rosa immediately. She was sitting on a couch with a milkshake on the round, wooden table in front of her. She wore a very vibrant, yellow dress.

I felt the need to say hello to her, however, I didn't. 

I sat down at a two-seat table where I could still see her without being too suspicious. I saw Rosa take her phone out of her small, brown handbag. She started tapping with both her thumbs. 

My phone tinged.

Rosa's head shot up in my direction. I don't pick up my phone. She turned her head in every direction and sat up straighter. Rosa started tapping on her phone again. I got out my phone and opened it so that when Rosa sent me the next text, my phone wouldn't go off. 

She would have no idea who Milo was. 

I decided to open up the text message from Rosa.

Checked your schedule lately? It says Small Cafe with Rosa at 4, right? Cool, see you soon!

Little does she know I'm already here. I moved to put my phone in my pocket, but it tinged before it got into my pocket. 

Damn you, phone.

Rosa looked up again, this time she looked directly at me. She got up from her chair and I thought, there's no more hiding it. She's onto me.

"Do you, by any chance, happen to be Milo?" Rosa asked.

"Milo?" I asked, putting on a confused face. 

"Yes. Milo is my friend. I'm supposed to be meeting him at this time," Rosa pulled out the seat across from me and sat down. 

"Milo's a dog's name," I said. 

"I know," Rosa replied, gently. "It's also my friend's name."

"Did you know, that-" 

Rosa groaned and slammed her fist lightly on the table. "Will you just tell me if you are the Milo that's been texting a girl called Rosa?" Rosa managed to stay polite and patient, and she didn't lose her temper. 

I sighed and rolled my eyes. Game over, Milo. Game over.

"Hi, I'm the Milo that you've been texting," I held out my hand and Rosa took it, her face lighting up. 

"Show me your phone," Rosa let go of my hand and nodded downwards. 

I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and opened it up to where we'd both been texting for the past week. I handed it over to Rosa and watched as she skimmed through our messages. She smiled sweetly at the phone as if her mind was running through memories. Rosa handed me back my phone and looked at me with a growing grin on her face.

"I'm glad you decided to meet me out here, Milo," she pushed a few strands of hair out of her face. 

"Me too," I replied. "You look nice in yellow." Way to go, Milo!

Rosa blushed, "You're not too bad yourself." 

Hey guys!

Hey guys!

Thanks for reading! It means so much to me! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Check out my other books, too. Leave your votes and comments and be sure to follow me for more awesomeness! Let me know if you want a chapter from Rosa's point of view. I'd love to know if you do! Will update soon.

Lots of love, TDG xx