•14•

Rosa

Milo and I were sitting at the two-seat table beside the window. I opened the window a little to let some fresh air in. Fresh air always relaxes me.

It was so great to finally meet him. Milo ordered a vanilla milkshake and I got another strawberry one. I ordered us some lemon cake and some jam drops. 

I found Milo a tiny bit suspicious at the start. He would keep raising his hands to touch his hair. Maybe he's just obsessed with his hair?

"Milo?" I asked, tilting my head slightly.

"Yeah?" he replied, sipping his milkshake. 

"Why do you keep touching your hair?" 

Milo hesitated and took another sip of his milkshake. I could hear his breathing had quickened. He exhaled before answering, "I... It's just that-"

"It's okay if you've got an obsession," I smiled, reassuring him.

"Yeah, that's it," Milo nodded, vigorously. 

"Right." 

Things hadn't been awkward with Milo. We had plenty of things to talk about and he seemed to be really open with me. I've tried my hardest to open up more to him, but I found myself being pulled back. I guess I just didn't want to let this boy from my phone get to know me too well. He could be dangerous. 

"You remind me of Marcus," I stated, letting my eyes roam Milo's face. 

"Who?" Milo scrunched up his face. 

"Oh, you know that kid I was telling you about from my school?" I explained.

"Yeah!" Milo raised his eyebrows and clicked his fingers. "How do I remind you of him?"

"Just your laugh, your voice, your skin tone. Many things. Your eye colour. Marcus said something about his cousin having a dog called Milo. Are you sure he wasn't referring to you?" I laughed. So did Milo.

"No way," he rolled his eyes and smiled. "I don't actually have a cousin." 

"Oh, right."

"I have an uncle, though. He's pretty rough on me, to be honest with you," Milo frowned and looked down at his hand which were placed in his lap. 

"Oh. How's Eric doing these days?" I tried changing the subject.

"He's great! Just a normal person. He's started going to school yesterday," Milo ate a jam drop. 

"Cool. What school does he go to? What about you?"

"He goes to Smalltown High School. He's in grade eleven."

"Oh, cool. I'm in grade ten. I should see him around a bit. What about you?"

"I'm in grade ten but I'm still being homeschooled," Milo said.

"Oh, wow. Does your grandmother homeschool you?" I wondered out loud.

"Yeah, she does," nodded Milo. He finished off his jam drops and cut a slice of lemon cake for each of us. 

"Thank you," I took a bite of the lemon cake. Mmm, delicious. My phone started ringing in my handbag. I unzipped it and shoved my hand in, moving it around. I finally grasped my phone and checked it. It was my mum. 

"Yes, Mum?" I rolled my eyes as I held the cold phone to my ear.

"What are you doing? Where are you?" Mum's hoarse voice called down the line.

"God, Mum, can't a girl have her freedom?" I chuckled. 

"Rosa." Here is Mum's angry voice. She's troubled. 

"Fine," I sighed, inwardly, "I'll be home in five."

"Great, bye," Mum hung up. 

I shoved my phone back into my handbag and Milo and I stood up. I wrapped the rest of the lemon cake in some napkins and tucked them inside my bag, too. Milo watched me with an amused expression on his face. 

"I had a great day, Rosa," he grinned.

I looked up at him, "Me too."

Hey guys!

Hey guys!

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed this chapter from Rosa's point of view! Check out my other books, too. Leave your votes and comments and be sure to follow me! Will update soon.

Lots of love, TDG xx