Chapter 24 - Preparations

A large group, together with colorful heads, were now lounging around the lobby. With Kise, Takao, and Himuro talking enthusiastically, the green haired male inquiring questions towards the ticked off Kasamatsu, Aomine and Murasakibara were acting like their normal selves, either sleeping or eating, and their red headed captain, silently together with the now conscious Nigou and the ever impassive Mayuzumi, is now sitting at the furthest couch which was away from the too excited group.

"Why are the two of you here?" Said the white and black haired boy coldly, which made the two beside him click their tongues in annoyance.

"It's not like we wanted to sit here, with you" the small red head says, earning him a glare and a 'hey!' from the boy, while staring at the large group before him.

Mayuzumi nods in agreement.

"It's not our fault that we only have a limited number of couches" the silver head stated monotonely.

"Well why don't you just sit on the floor if you don't want to sit down properly" Nigou replied back.

Both he and Akashi had noticed how Mayuzumi was forcing himself onto the furthest corner of the couch, even though he knows that there isn't much space there. It left him making quite an awkward position.

The silver haired male couldn't really blame them. After all, he has quite a bad relationship with his boss' son, and include that with his frightening and possesive lover, well, let's just say that he doesn't want to get involved with any of them.

Although, he was fine whenever he was alone with the tealette himself. With their rather similar characteristics and great interests in books, he finds himself enjoying a quiet time with him or rather, he, apart from a certain raven haired male, were the only ones that he wants to spend his time with.

But that rarely happens.

Afterall, Kuroko was always surrounded with a bunch of idiots or has at least someone noisy beside him most of the times. So in the end, his relationship and his time with the phantom was always kept to a minimum.

"One of you can seat on the floor, but just so you know, I'm fine with my position" the silver haired male threw back, which caused his company to cast a glare towards him.

"Excuse me?" The red head vehemently says. No one had ever dared to say or even asked him to sit on the floor.

"I can quite agree with him though" Nigou replies while nodding his head in approval.

Hetechromatic eyes dangerously stared at them, but the effect it had on the two was small.

"First of all," he coldly began. "I am sitting here because I want to, and you can't just order me to leave this couch if I was the first one to spot this place." The two rolled their eyes.

"Secondly, if you both want to argue about someone who's going to find a another place to sit, then sit beside the empty space beside Ryouta and his new group of friends, or just stand at a corner. That way, you'll be left alone."

A scowl was now present on the boy's face, and the silver haired male had started to ignore them, as he takes one of the books that was placed on top of the table beside him.

"You already know the reason as to why we are avoiding that spot in the first place" the boy hisses. "It's your group, so save me some slack and just go there and give us some space"

Akashi's eyes widened with disbelief.

"Why do you keep insisting that I should be the one to leave. I haven't even done or said anything to you"