Chapter 18 - Haizaki

Kagami and the miracles were all hiding inside to what seemed like a small office.

Murasakibara then slowly drops Kagami and the tanned male into the leather couch beside him.

"Do you think he'll be able to find us here?" Kise worriedly asks, as he nervously paced back and forth. The tall red head began to sit up, grunting in the process.

"I don't know" he says quietly, already regaining his strength to move his body. "Tatsuya and the rest would meet us here. It would take time, especially with the building being infiltrated with Haizaki's men"

"What about Kuro-chin?" the tall purple head asks, taking a seat beside the red headed captain.

"Don't worry, he has that guy with him. Ogiwara may not look like it, but he has the greatest chance to bring Kuroko back if he ever loses to him."

"Him?" the captain inquired, looking quite intrigued with the topic. The tall red head took a glace at his direction before staring at the clock behind him.

"I'll explain later. For now, we need weapons, I'm too weak to protect you all, for now at least."

Akashi nodded at the statement, before taking a gun out of his pockets. Everyone looks at him ridiculously.

"A-Akashi! Why do you have such a thing with you?!" the green haired explained, accusingly pointing at the gun held by their captain.

The latter shrugged at their surprised expressions.

"I found it inside Tetsuya's desk drawer, while this Haizaki was too busy inspecting Ryouta's appearance"

The blond shivered at the memory, before sitting on the carpeted floor.

"Who is this Haizaki anyway?" he asks, trying to change the topic. All heads then turned towards the tall red head, with the latter sighing in defeat.

"Well, I guess the shortest description that I could ever come up with is that he is a traitor" The red growled before he started muttering. " The bastard should just died three years ago..."

"Was he a close comrade of yours?" Akashi then asks, deciding to ignore the others last statement.

Kagami angrily shrugged. "I guess? I'm not really sure. The only thing I know is that Kuroko found him with Ogiwara on the streets being beated by drunk men, of course Kuroko saved him, and was thanked afterwards, but he later found out that his wallet was lost. We suspected that Haizaki stole it, but Kuroko, being the kind hearted one, brushed it off saying that he doesn't really have much money in that day.

A week then passed by and once again, Kuroko found himself saving Haizaki from a group of thugs, he ran away afterwards though, but Kuroko followed him and found out that he doesn't really have a place to stay. So he asks him to join the organization in exchange for his daily needs. I mean, he really wasn't that bad if he caught Kuroko off guard by his little pick-pocket stunt. He agreed, and that was when we met him.

A year then passed by and Haizaki was turning into a great assassin, but during those years, he started to get rather violent. He began to include innocent people, injuring the ones closest to him by making it look like an accident, a style that was too similar from him. Of course, Kuroko was the one who notices this, and decided to take him off from missions.

Haizaki wasn't happy after that, and began distancing himself from us. We didn't really like him either, so we shrugged it off as one of our burdens were lifted.

But there was one day that greatly changed our relationship with him... " Kagami trailed off, his hands forming into tight fists. The captain slowly nodded, signaling Kagami to continue.