Chapter 5 - Too Easy?

Loud gunshots, the helpless screams of soldiers, the gruesome sight and scent of blood washed over the remaining people standing, fighting desperately to end this battle. It all overwhelmed the small tealette as he watches his comrades go down, one by one. It only reminded him further of being born in such a cruel and unfair world.

'Bang!' another shot has been heard, and from the corner of his eyes, he saw Yamazaki-san fell on the ground, unmoving and lifeless. His heart momentarily dropped.

Yamazaki-san was one of the people who he treated like a father. Sometimes, you would find him reading in the research lab or the library, that was how the tealette met him. He was also one of those people who were quite cheerful whenever he talked about fascinating stories of his life, and the 12 year old Kuroko couldn't help but be attached to him.

But gone is their regular afternoon tea inside the library, gone is the 40 year-old man who would always comfort him whenever he feels the hopeless despair after losing too many men at a mission.

Mixed emotions began to swirled inside him, as he managed to dodge a bullet directed for him before his own hits the enemy's head with deadly precision, and watches him go down. He couldn't afford to get himself distracted, so with one last look at his departed friend, he rushed in the middle of the battle field.His eyes cold, as a different shade of blue seemed to replace his teal ones.

Fully hiding his presence he gracefully went from man to man, to either shoot or stab them mercilessly in the head or chest. This went on until an armed man seemed to enter the battle, holding to what seemed a small grenade. As if acting in pure instinct, he moved from his spot with incredible speed before finishing the man off. He decided that he would not lose anymore men today.

'Sir, all bombs has been deactivated!' a voice shouted amongst chaos from the small earpiece device.

"Bring all remaining units here, I can't afford to waste anymore men" He replied, reloading his gun, before going off to the next one.

'Understood'

The tealette continued to attack as he watches his enemies go down as time passes by, it was all going smoothly but somehow, he can't seem to diminish the anxiety he was feeling. Wasn't it all going smoothly? Was this too easy?

He looked around, trying to find the source of his uneasiness. He saw the remaining units join the battle, but he still can't shake the discomfort he was feeling.

But through his inspection, he didn't seem to notice the dagger that was supposed to stab him until a group of voices, that wasn't supposed to be heard in this kind of situation, called out to him in haste.

"Tetsuya!/Kurokocchi!/Tetsu!/Kuro-chin!/Kuroko!"

Alarming bells suddenly rung in his head, as he immediately ducked down to avoid the attack before shooting the perpetrator on the head. The now lifeless body slowly fell on the ground, teal eyes wondering if he was starting to imagine things.

There, stood the wide-eyed Miracles before him, witnessing a live murder happening by his hands. His grip tightened on his dagger. What were they doing here?!

"What are you all doing here!" he hissed, furious that they would just enter here recklessly. His voice seemed to snap them from their trance.

"Ku-Kurokocch-!" the blond tried to say before he saw the small phantom point a gun at his direction. He was suddenly frozen in fear, closing his eyes in the process.

'Bang!' another shot was heard Kuroko has killed a man behind the Miracles.

"Get out of here, now!" tealette shouted, trying his best to defend the dumbfounded group before him.

"Tetsu! The hell are you crazy?! We are not going to leave this place without you!" Aomine growled loudly. His voice suddenly attracted a lot of attention, turning a lot of guns towards them, surprised at the unknown colorful group.

"Don't shoot!" Kuroko angrily ordered, eyeing his comrades. Everyone flinched at his tone before fighting off the rest of the enemies.

The miracles were flabbergasted at their small phantom. This was simply not the Kuroko they knew. They all just watched the invisible passer kill with gruesome fascination, that they didn't notice the stirring movement right beside them.

As the phantom continued to shoot, trying to kill anyone approaching his team, he saw an injured man shakily point his gun towards the rattled, colorful group.

"Akashi-kun!" he shouted desperately as he rushed towards the confuse red head before a resounding bang rung in the air.

---Author's Note---

Heyy guys!!! To everyone who read, commented, and voted to my story, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I was so happy to find out that you read my story in less than a day, that as soon as I saw notifications on my phone I rushed towards my computer to continue the story.

Hahahahaha I know it's stupid, but still, I appreciate it : )

-Carnation