Chapter 17 - Other self

They were both surrounded, as a group of bulky men now pointed their guns at them.

"Don't move!" Said the man in the midst of the crowd. The brunette had to squint his eyes to see a man who wore a uniform quite different from the rest.

'Probably the leader' Ogiwara silently thought.

"Drop both your weapons and lay on the floor!"

The brunette looks at the small teal head beside him, who stood still by his side, as he calmly watches the large group of men.

"Do it, Now!"

The brunette sighs, dropping his gun in the process.

"I said both of you!"

Everyone then pointed their guns at the small tealette, with the latter slowly bending down to drop his weapon.

The brunette could only watch as his leader slowly descends on the floor, and he was about to lie down when he suddenly hear the other whisper.

'Shall we, Ogiwara-kun?'

And with that, havoc suddenly began.

Just as the tealette touches the ground, he suddenly points his gun towards the center of the group and shoots.

Thud!

Every men in the room then follows the sound, only to find their troop leader on the floor, with a bullet hole placed square on his forehead.

"Shit!" A man suddenly shouted, rushing towards the fallen man with pure confusion and shock.

"Oi! Bring the hostages to the van!" Another man orders, following closely towards his leader.

But as some of the men looked behind them, the hostages were long gone.

"Hey, they're gone!"

"Where did they go?!"

"What?!"

Everyone swiveled their heads behind them, only to be greeted with a small empty space before them.

They all cursed under their breathes.

"Dammit, find them!"

They then looked around the room in slight panic. Somehow, they felt something was very wrong with their current situation and they can't find the reason why.

Bang!

A gunshot suddenly resounded, and another man fell on the floor, cold and dead.

"What the hell?!"

Everyone looks at each other in alarm and confusion, and as time passes by, the random shots has been heard getting faster and faster while the group of men slowly decreases in number.

With pure anxiousness and fear, they started to blindly shooting at air, hoping that it lands on their opponent.

It was the best thing that they could try. Afterall, they were dealing with an invisible man.

Kuroko knew he should stop this. He knows that their fightened screams and expressions would forever be engraved deep into his mind. But he also knew that he can't,

Not while he was enjoying this.

He continues to shoot mercilessly, watching as their numbers slowly decreases. A small smile graced upon his lips.

As minutes ticks away, he felt himself sinking deeper and deeper, into the cold, empty darkness.

'You need to stop, now'

He suddenly hears a voice inside his head, and mentally replies back.

"Why should I? The fun part is just getting started"

'But you're wasting too much time!'

"And you'll waste your chance in killing that bastard!"

'I know, but I don't care about him right now, you have to back'

"Go back where?!"

'To Kagami-kun and the others.'

Realization shook the tealette, as silence took over them.

'Please, let me take over. They need me right now...'

"But Haizaki-!"

'-will probably kill them if he ever got the chance to find them'

The situation became even worse and soon, only a man, in his early thirties, was the only one left standing, shaking with pure terror, as his gun was left abandoned on the floor, reciting his prayer for dear life.

The tealette slowly approaches the man, his presence now showing.

The man had caught his attention, saving him as his last victim for he somehow reminds him of someone...

The man widened his eyes, incredibly frightened as he got into his knees.

"N-No, please no... I-I beg you! I have a family back home and I'll do anything you ask me to do, just please spare my life!"

The phantom then stops, making the man sigh in relief, thinking that the other would be given another chance. However, all hopes were crushed when he saw the teal head raises his gun towards him.

"N-No! Please, I was forced! H-he threatened my fami-!"

Another gunshot was heard and the man sqeezes his eye shut. He waited for the incoming pain to hit his body, but he didn't felt anything.

"Fine, you win..." he heard the other whisper. Who was he talking to?

His eyes slowly flutters open, to find the tealette walking away from his direction.

"W-what...?" He whispers, incredibly frightened and confused.

"What's your name?" Kuroko asks, his back facing him. The said man tilted his head  in confusion.

"Furihata... Masako..."

The statement momentarily makes the tealette halt in his tracks, before he continue to walk towards the hallways.

"I see..."

And with that, the small teen suddenly dissapeared into the distance.

The man had to blink a few times before he slowly slumps on the floor, feeling his heart beats wildly against his chest.

'Thank you...'

He whispers, as tears began falling down his face.

---Author's Note---

I know you guys probably hate me and this chapter, but my brain and body can't handle any more of this stress.

Exams are finally being held this tuesday-thursday and I need the whole week off, so please understand my situation.

Also, this chapter is so short in my opinion and isn't really related to any of the events that happened in the previous chapter.

I apologize for that!

I can't really write this weekend, but I also haven't written any chapters this week, so I decided (more like forced myself) to write a chapter and ended up with this, this madness...

Comment what you guys think of this chapter, is it still okay??

-Carnation