Chapter 20 - Reunited (part 1)

Gunshots and the people's panic-stricken screams were the only thing to be heard inside the area.

He moved fast, not wasting any time to stop and give the opponent any opportunities to attack. Any form of pity and hesitation was left discarded, deep within his very being.

He takes a short glance at the only male fighting with him, a male with silver-white hair and blank eyes, just to make sure of any possible traces that could lead to their defeat.

Afterall, they were currently being outnumbered, and any sort of mistakes and distraction can easily turn into their defeat and even worse, death.

But even through this circumstances, the boy was calm and collected. He could also say the same with the other, as they both moved around the area, like an elegant dance, where audiences couldn't help but watch.

Nigou leans to his right, successfully dodging the bullet that was aimed towards him. He raises his gun and shoots back, as the bullet lands at a man's chest.

And that's how it goes, endlessly firing at the enemy with hopes that they would lessen their number. However, about an hour had already passed by, they were still surrounded, and the group slowly grows bigger. It seems that the enemy was entering through the area and both males decided to block or hold them off, since they were the only ones who witnesses the infiltration, but they soon realized that they were already trapped within their growing numbers, and were forced to fight.

Being held back, the boy was starting to feel the slight anxiousness bubbling up inside of him, realizing that he and his companion, Mayuzumi, was running out of ammo. They still had their daggers with them, and it can serve as their second option however, with the enemy's increasing number and the need to exert more physical movements in fighting with the dagger can be a risky move. It would surely limit their time and stamina to fight.

They needed immediate help, and they knew this. Both males had actually requested for back up a couple of minutes ago, but the group has yet to arrive. Still, both males tried their best in fighting, believing that their comrades would be showing up pretty soon.

Another gunshot was heard, and the boy drops his gun and replaces it with his dagger. Yes, the feeling of regret and apprehension was slowly gaining it's way in the boy's heart. He silently chastised himself as to why he didn't grab a spare of ammos.

He swings his knife towards another man, ignoring the latter's resonating scream. The small raven head takes a short glance at Mayuzumi, who also started to use his own dagger. Their eyes met for a short while, as a silent conversation passed between them, before both males returned at defending themselves.

They didn't need to ask what the other was saying. Afterall, their looks of growing desperation was enough to make them understand.

With every movement the boy takes, he finds himself panting, the sounds of his rugged breath growing louder and louder, as the feeling of fatigue now spreads throughout his body.

They needed to escape, immediately at that, but there was no way they can just let the enemy do as they please. So they stubbornly stood their ground and fought.

The boy suddenly caught a blur of light blue in the distance, which momentarily made his guard down. 

'bang!'

A bullet made its way towards the small raven haired, and the latter was too caught up to even notice.

"Oi!" 

Someone shouted at a distance and Nigou soon finds himself being pushed towards the grounds, effectively dodging the bullet just in time for it to only graze his cheek.