Chapter 22 - Safe, for now

The group was silent, as they stood still trying to comprehend what just happened before their eyes.

0...

That was until, a large resounding explosion was suddenly heard a short distance from the building.

"Tetsuya/Kuroko!"

---

"What the hell?!" The tall red head suddenly exclaims, as he wobbly stands up from the couch to approach the window. The people inside the room had to blink a few times before they too, widen their eyes in recognition.

The miracles were now frozen and stared at the spot the tealette once was. 

"O-oi... wha?" the tanned male tries to say, before he bolts up, standing. "Tetsu!"

A flash of red instantly zooms by and rushes towards the window. Everyone watches the captain looking down from the window, trying to see if he could catch a glimpse of teal hair below them.

"What the hell happened?!" the small red head yelled uncharacteristically, his hetechromatic eyes shined in danger and aggravation. The temperature  seemed to die down, as everyone felt the menacing aura from the small teen.

When Akashi is trying to understand what Kuroko's line of work is, he didn't really expect for this to happen!

Kagami nervously scratches the back of his neck. "W-wait, I think you should calm down..." the tall red head attempted to say, but was only rewarded with a cold glare.

"Do you think I can be calm in this situation?!"

"W-well, I think that h-he's fine. S-something like that won't kill him, not directly at least..."

"And how are you so sure about that?" Hetechromatic eyes narrowed at red ones, making the other shrink in slight fear.

"I-I just know, okay? I've known him long enough to kn-"

'Bang!'

A large sound suddenly echoed throughout the room, and everyone then turns their heads to find Nigou breaking the door open, his gun held tightly in his hands.

"I-I need to see him!" he shakily says, as he tries to push his way out the door, hoping that he would be able to break it.

He once again fires his gun, and this time it hits the door knob. But as did so, the bullet reflected from the door and began to circle the room in a frenzy. Himuro had to push the purple headed giant to side, for him to dodge the bullet.

The boy didn't seem to take notice, as he continues struggling to break the door open, with a look of worry and desperation rests on his panicked façade.

"Nigou!" A voice yelled from across the room. But with the boy's rising anxiety, he apparently didn't notice, and continued to push his weight onto the door.

All of a sudden, a hand tightly grips the boy's shoulder, enough to make him halt. Teal eyes looks up to find Ogiwara looking down at him in a solemn manner.

"Calm down..." he gently says with a small smile, ruffling the boys head.

"B-but, o-otou-san he-"

"Shh... I know"

Tears unknowingly drips down from the boy's face, and he soon finds himself within the brunette's arms.

"I'm sure he's fine, so relax"

It's true that the people who had been with the tealette for a long time, had unfortunately got used to this situations. Nigou was an exception though, for he just joined the organization in only about a year.