↳ ❝ [one] ¡! ❞

Hi, I'm back. Just as promised, here's the first chapter to this fanfic remake. If you're one of my old readers who returned to see how much I've improved, welcome back.

To those who are new and confused about what I'm talking about, basically this book was something I wrote 5 years ago, welcome

It was cringe and i was really disappointed about this book, so I decided to remake it entirely. Ofc it's gonna take a while, but trust me, I'll finish it.

Reading it again, there was so much plot holes in it that i wanted to cry. And how inconsistent MC is and her story line, dialogue, backstory, everything.

Thank you to my old readers who manage to read all the way through. This book has 60k reads now which is really surprising. I still remember how excited I was when I first reached 30k lol (ofc it's gonna get deleted after I unpublish everything and restart it from 0 but eh, whatever). Anyway, here it is.
· ·──────·本·──────· ·

music played in my ears while my fingers tapped against the desk to its beat. It kept me company while waiting for homeroom to start.

Why am I here again? I should've just skipped...

"hey Chiaki-"

"no."

damn it.

My childhood friend, Chiaki nanami, dragged me here. That's why I'm in this stupid classroom.

Chiaki Nanami, the ultimate gamer. She's pretty much unbeatable. Though as quiet as she is, our antisocialness is what had brought us closer together - ironically enough. Ah, though I'm not that anti social. It's just that I'm really arrogant by nature that no one likes me.

I looked outside the window, watching as the birds fly past.

I can just book it. Why should I put up with this idiots? It's not like we learn anything here anyway.

"aight. See you later." was the last thing I said before jumping out the window. Chiaki stiffened after she realized what I just did. she called after my name but it was futile.

I skillfully and safely made my way down.

being the ultimate assassin has it's perks. One of them being able to escape from class when your childhood friend who acts like your mom drags you into one.

Though assassin's are now rare to come by since everyone just hired hitman's.

First place I went to was the soda machine on the side of the road. There wasn't really a reason why, i just wanted to waste my money on something useless.

"Now, what should I buy..." I mumbled, pulling out my coin purse. La crex sounds good right now, or maybe I should just get mylo.

I have no idea why I was so invested in choosing a drink to the point I was standing there thinking for five minutes; more or less- but in the end, a can of f/f was in my hand and I was sitting on the lonely bench beside it.

Eventually, a familiar white haired male came into my view. He waved at me from afar.

Nagito komaeda, the worlds luckiest human. Well- if you excuse all the unluckiness he brings with it. Either way, his title is the ultimate lucky student.

"Nagito, how are you dude?" I greeted. He passed by me to the vending machine, stopping to choose a drinking.

"As per usually." He answered with his usual cheery voice.

He had always striked me as a weird kid. Something about him was obviously off, but from what you had learned through job experience, it's best not to dwell on someone's bad side if they're your ally.