Chapter 49 ~ Accusations

Your P.o.v.

I quickly exited the building taking a deep breath as I watched Thomas's stiff figure pacing with anger and disgust in front of me. "Thomas" I called defeatedly knowing there was no calming him down at this point in time. He was so on edge that he had dug his nails into his fist and caused them to bleed a little. "What did he say when you went inside?" he stopped pacing and I opened my mouth to say something but the words just wouldn't come out. I couldn't let them so instead I just shook my head as if to say You don't need to know or Its not important.

His jaw was clenched and beads of sweat covered his forehead. I sighed and walked towards him outstretching my arm to him but was quickly rejected. "Annabelle tell me what he said" I stood my ground and shook my head once more but the look on his face told me that id be in more trouble not telling him then I would be by telling him. Lying wouldn't be good for anyone either. I took a seat on the small table beside the door and stared at the floor.

"He said that you couldn't raise a child, not my child" he stared at me instantly and I could see him shattering on the inside as the words left my lips "What else?" he said trying to remain still. "That your no good for me" I looked up at him and watched as he stared at the brick wall most likely preparing himself to punch it. "He's wrong though" I stood once more and looped my arm with his and began leading him down the side ally "I wouldn't want anyone else and your probably the best person for me" I smiled at the thought.

 "He's wrong though" I stood once more and looped my arm with his and began leading him down the side ally "I wouldn't want anyone else and your probably the best person for me" I smiled at the thought

The rest of the night was spent in silence as the family remained back at the Garrison and drank to their hearts content whilst Thomas and I went back to his house. Sun rise awoke me from my slumber and a faint knocking on the front door downstairs made me jump up and go down to answer it. The knocking could have been going on for a while and I wouldn't have known, I was in such a deep sleep anything could have happened. Opening the door my heart almost skipped a beat with fright. "Sam what are you doing here?" he averted making eye contact.

"You keep asking me that and im beginning to question that myself" he slowly looked up and past my head. "Is Tom home?" I nodded and lead him to the staircase in the foyer where he took a seat on the staircase. "I'll be back" I walked past him up to Thomas's room and pushed the door open reviealing his sleeping form. the sheets were scrunched up messily around him. I walked towards the bed and woke him up "Sam's here" I gave him a stern look before I allowed him to get up.

A few minutes later Tommy followed me down the stairs to where Sam sat head in hands cursing the words he spoke last night. He didn't stand however it was the first time he made eye contact with anyone since being here. "Why are you here?" Thomas crossed his arms "To apologise for the accusations I made last night" Thomas bit his tongue and let him finish still upset with what he had said. "I had no right to say those things and although I was drinking heavily you didn't deserve to be wrongly accused of being a bad parent or lover".

 "I had no right to say those things and although I was drinking heavily you didn't deserve to be wrongly accused of being a bad parent or lover"

Thomas excused me from the conversation and asked me if I could go into another room whilst the pair of them spoke about the night. "I'll be going now" I peered around the corner and entered the room to say goodbye after their talk was over. "I'll walk you out" I said quickly as I watched Thomas storm back up the stairs and probably back to his room. "What did he say to you?" I asked in a hushed voice wanting to know how harsh he was on Sam. I knew what he had said was wrong but I also know how brutal Thomas can be when confronted.

He shook his head as he walked down the steps and turned around "Listen im just not going to come around here anymore" without another word he shoved his hands into his pockets and walked into the street. I stood out the front watching him leave whilst my body was dealing with the shock. I walked back inside and shut the door behind me the click of the lock letting me know it was closed. I walked up the stairs and yelled out to Thomas "Where are you!?" I stormed up and down the corridor. "Im right here" he walked out into the open.

"What did you say to him!?" I asked my heart aching at the thought of never seeing my friend ever again. I had just left all my friends behind and now the one I had finally made is leaving me because of something someone else had said. "I told him not to come near us anymore" I furrowed my brow and narrowed my eyes, there was something else he wasn't telling me. "What else did you say?" I waited frustrated with Thomas's actions. "I told him there would be consequences if he showed his face here again" "You told him what!? Who gave you the right to pick and choose who comes here!?".

 "I told him there would be consequences if he showed his face here again" "You told him what!? Who gave you the right to pick and choose who comes here!?"

"I did because it's my house!" he shouted back lighting a smoke and sticking it between his lips. "Fine it's settled then" he turned to face me with a confused look "What do you mean?" he searched my eyes for clarification. "Im going back to my apartment" his eyes glistened with regret and he straightened up his tailored suit that he had changed into. "You cant" he reach out an arm to pull me close. I pushed his arm away and stormed out of the room.

When I walked down into the foyer my eyes landed on Polly. She wore a large black leather coat with a fur around her neck, her hair was curled and up styled. "Whats going on, Annabelle?" I sighed and took a seat on one of the padded chairs below the glowing red decretive lights. "Thomas has banished Sam from visiting me here so Im going back to my apartment as soon as I can" I fiddled with the hem of my shirt in annoyance.

 "Thomas has banished Sam from visiting me here so Im going back to my apartment as soon as I can" I fiddled with the hem of my shirt in annoyance

"Annabelle your pregnant and shouldn't be stressing like this. However your going to need Thomas around as well, trust me on that one". She took the seat beside me and held my hand giving it a squeeze. "These boys just don't understand that us women aren't chained to them anymore and we can do as we please" she winked making me smile a little. "Poll why do I get the feeling that this is going to be a very difficult time over the next few months" I sighed.

"I believe it will be but you need to try and stay positive, okay?" I nodded and slumped back into my chair. "Now go see Thomas" I looked at Polly as if she was crazy. We just spoke about how I wasn't dealing well and now she want's me to go see Tom. The person who is making me stressed out of my mind. I gave it some thought and figured that she knew best. With a heavy exaggerated sigh I lifted myself from my sitting position and began my search for him. I reached his study and peered in stopping at the doorway. I didn't know what to say, all I could do was stare.