Chapter 25 ~ New Management

Your P.o.v.

Everyone was gathered in the back room of the betting shop and awaiting their newly designed positions in the company to be revealed. I sat at the back of the room still dozing in and out of sleep, Thomas had broken up a fight in the middle of the night last night between Polly and John. I tried my best not to listen in but by the sounds of things John isn't playing his part and is suspected of being unfaithful to Esme. I avoided everyones eye contact not wanting to start a conversation I wouldn't be able to finish.

Thomas entered the room and everyone straightened up except for myself and John who was slumped against the staircase. "Right everyone, take a seat" He called to everyone and of corse they all did as he said and took their seats continuing to face Thomas. "As some of you heard last night there are going to be some changes in the management of the company regarding family" I could feel my eyes rolling back into my head until my ears pricked up at the sound of my name being called from the front of the room. "Annabelle is also included".

"Annabelle is now going to be in charge of recruiting and training the new Blinders to fight and drive-" Whispers and turning heads came to face me. I was stunned to say the least "If you have any questions or suggestions on the topic and want updated training go see her" his eyes made contact and I felt myself shrink back into my seat. "Michael you will be coming out on additional trips with us and maintaining you job as an accountant, Poll I need you to take care of the finances and the books, Arthur you'll need to assist in recruiting and John" he paused causing a painful silence to echo in the room.

"You and Finn are in charge of finding information and weaponry". This was not how I thought this meeting was going to go "Everyone is dismissed" he spoke and with that everyone left the room instantly and got on with their tasks, including John. I began to rise from my seat when Thomas closed the door locking it behind him and walked down to the back of the room and took the seat next to me. "Are you up for the task?" he asked running a hand through his hair. If I was being honest I wasn't sure at all that I would be capable of maintaining the role.

"I guess so... I take it im also a get away driver now too?" I raised an eyebrow as I shifted in my seat "Thats correct, however you are first and formost my main priority and that means I need to be there for you". I could have melted then and there whilst he twirled the ends of my hair around his finger "How did you sleep last night?" His voice became more sincere and the look of concern was present on his face. "You look like you haven't slept at all" he was right I looked like a mess, not even my smart peaky uniform or makeup would hide that. I had dark purple bags under my eyes and my skin was almost sickly pale.

I could see my hands shaking from lack of sleep and Thomas then as well "Annabelle you need to rest" he stood from his seat and extended a hand before lifting me up and guiding me out of the room

I could see my hands shaking from lack of sleep and Thomas then as well "Annabelle you need to rest" he stood from his seat and extended a hand before lifting me up and guiding me out of the room. I trailed behind Thomas up the staircase and into his room "Why am I sleeping in your room?" I asked rubbing my eyes. "Because I want to keep an eye on you" He laid me down on his bed and tucked me in "Don't you have work to be doing or something?" I questioned as my eyes grew heavy again "I do but your more important right now". I nodded my head understanding the words that flowed out of his mouth, he began to walk over to the other side of the room. 

 "Thomas?" I called as he reached the end of the bed "Yes?" he peered down at me as I scooted over in the bed "Lay with me?". He seemed to be captured in thought for a moment looking at the vacant space beside my body. His eyes gazed up and made contact with my own sleepy ones, "Of course" he spoke softly and walked over to the opposite side of the bed and took off his shoes. I turned to face him as he laid down beside me, I pulled the blanket over him and rested my head on his chest. "Thank you" I whispered as I drifted off to sleep.

 "Thank you" I whispered as I drifted off to sleep

Thomas's P.o.v.

I laid with Annabelle for about two hours before Polly came looking for me, explaining I was needed at the betting shop as soon as possible to settle a dispute. Poll held a smug look on her face when she found me. Leaving Annabelle alone when she looked so relaxed and peaceful was difficult but I got on with my daily duties and came back as quickly as I could. I was now at the edge of her bed staring down at her, the light in the far corner of the room lighting it just enough to show the details of her face.

"I love you" I murmured  to myself as I got closer to her "Love you too" she rubbed her eyes, her sleepy smile peaked out from beneath the sheets. "You heard me?" I chuckled looking at her slowly wake up from her dreams. She patted the bed beside her and I did as she requested and took a seat, Annabelle slowly pulled me down so that her forehead was touching my own "kiss me?" she spoke quietly. My heart skipped a beat as I leant inwards and placed my lips upon her own, I needed this.

 My heart skipped a beat as I leant inwards and placed my lips upon her own, I needed this