Chapter 32 ~ Strictly Business

Your P.o.v.

Thomas and the boys took my things back to the house and gave me some money to buy a few dresses for when I preform next week. An old vintage store was full of gowns that suited my strange personality perfectly and I was honestly having a hard time choosing the right ones. The man at the door pointed Thomas in my direction once he returned from the house to come back and pick me up. For now I had settled on a long flowing red dress that would look amazing in any lighting.

I paid for the dress and made my way out of the store over to were Thomas was standing. The man seemed to be talking to Thomas about concerns he had about how having a Peaky Blinder buying from the store would impact other clients. "Is something wrong?" I questioned politely when I approached the two men. Thomas lit a smoke and placed it between his lips "Jack here is concerned your going to be trouble for business" he sounded amused. I looked at the man with raised eyebrows "So does that mean you don't want me shopping here?" I looked down at my bag.

"Annabelle you can shop where ever the fuck you want, this man can't stop you from doing that" Thomas threatened the man

"Annabelle you can shop where ever the fuck you want, this man can't stop you from doing that" Thomas threatened the man. I bit my lip and took Thomas's arm leading him out of the store "I'll be back next week!" I called out as we exited onto the street. The street was busy with people this afternoon, more than usual. "Is there something going on tonight?" I asked trying to make sense of all the commotion going on around us. "Around this time of year business men tend to come to Birmingham to make deals. Tonight is opening night" Thomas ashed out the cigarette.

"Does that mean im going to be needed tonight?" Thomas wrapped an arm around my waist and without him saying a word I knew I was. I began taking notes of my surroundings as we walked down the concrete streets "How many people and who am I getting away from?'' I asked looking at the street signs and down the ally ways, ignoring the many people looking at me as we passed them. This must have been a new sight for everyone to see. A new girl with Thomas Shelby, the leader of the Peaky Blinders.

"There will be a party tonight at Sabini's club, the boys and I are going to have a meeting with the man himself. You are going to be dancing with Michael until we give you the signal to drive us out of the area". The red dress I had bought was not for next week and I was right about needing to go back to the store again soon. "What time are we leaving?" I gazed over at him as we approached the car "we leave at five and should arrive around seven. We need to make a few stops before we go to the club". I nodded my head preparing myself mentally for the night.

...

I spent the rest of the day getting ready for the nights events, I had been studying road maps and taking note of all the possible places to burn the car if need be. I was highly confident however that taking that action would be a last resort. I hid a gun under my dress in one side of my leg garter and a throwing knife in the other. Both were concealed perfectly and no one would notice thing. I did my makeup fiercely and just gave my hair a simple curl, I wasn't confident using 1919 hair care products just yet.