But it's my dream

Start bij het begin

"I could never hate you. Just be honest with me."

I took a deep breath before I spoke. My stomach suddenly dropped as he looked into my eyes.

"I don't want you to go.", I said feeling worse then I felt before.

"Go where?".

"To New York or Boston. I want you to stay here with me at Ucla.", I said.

"Kat.", was all that came out of his mouth. I could see his happiness dive down in a matter of seconds.

"I can't lose you again."

"It's my dream to play in the MLB and to be the number one draft pick is huge. I can't give up the opportunity and you know that."

"I know but I-".

"It's not all about what you want. I feel like our relationship is just based off what you want. I've done everything for you but you can't let me live out my dream?".

"What about me? I can't give up my life to go live in New York with you. I have my friends and family down here along with my education. "
"Nobody asked you to move with me. And like I said, it's all about you isn't it?", he said getting angry.

"I never said that it's all about me, I just don't want us to break apart. I don't even like being apart from you now, what makes you think that I want to be 2,000 miles apart?".

"I don't want to be 2,000 miles apart either but what choice do we have? I'm not choosing one thing over the other if that's what you're asking me to do".

"I didn't ask you to do that. I want to finish my life out here in California. I want you to stay here so that we can do it together.", I said trying to convince him.

"I didn't even make a decision yet but I was leaning towards yes but seeing you upset makes me think that I shouldn't go.", he sighed looking upset and sounding pissed off.

"Don't blame me. Go if you feel like it, it's not my decision. Why should I care.", I sighed.

"I can't do this right now. I'm here to spend time with you and all we're doing is arguing."

"Maybe we're arguing because you can't face the truth. Even if you go to Arizona we'll still be apart. Wherever you go we'll be apart.", I said feeling my eyes start to water.

"I don't know what to say. I just had this plan that I would go into the MLB, you'd finish school, we would move in together, we'd get married and have kids., he sighed. I could see the hurt in his eyes as he spoke about the plan.

"We can still do all of that, but I just want to finish my education first before I commit to moving to a different state."

"I get that Kat but I can't take being far away from you for that long. When we're away now it only lasts 3-5 days but when I go over there it could be months or weeks.", he said trying to convince me.

"I know Cam I just need to think about it all. This will all affect my future in one way or another so I need to really think."

"Take your time. Plus I don't even know where I'm going yet so it could all change.", he said attempting to make me feel a little bit better about it.

"I don't like change.", I said as he cradled me in his arms.

"I know. Just don't think about it as change, it's an adjustment."

"That's practically the same thing.", I laughed as I wiped the tears from my eyes.

"I know, I'm just trying to make you feel better. But no matter what happens with this situation, I'll still care for you."

"You too. I'm glad our regular season only has 2 weeks left."

"Me too. That means summer is coming."

"I can't wait. Summer nights, summer life and summer s-".

"Why wait?",  he asked.

I pulled him closer to me as I kissed him. Everything felt in place. We let go of everything on our minds and decided to become united.

"I love you.", he said as he kissed me up and down my collar bone.

"I love you too.", I responded as I took his shirt off.

We proceeded to strip until we were both fully undressed.

I let my lips run up and down his body. I kissed his abs one by one until I reached his lips again.

"And this is one reason I would stay.", he said between kisses.

"Am I changing your mind?", I asked.

"A little bit.", he said as his voice got weaker.

We continued to kiss for awhile until we heard footsteps enter the dorm living room.

"I'm gonna go change these sheets.", he said as he stripped the sheets off of the bed.

"Ok.", I responded as I put my clothes back on.

"I'm sorry for earlier. I didn't mean all that shit I said about you, it was just in the moment."

"It's ok. We'll talk about it again when we definitely know where you're going, ok?".

"Yeah totally.", he said kissing the top of my head.

"I'm kinda relived that we still have another day here together."

"Yeah same. Tomorrow I promised Christian that we'd hang out with him and the others after your game."

"That's fine. I'm so happy to be back."

"You've said that about 5 times.", he laughed.

"I know, I'm expressing my feelings. So how's your mom and sister?", I asked.

"Good actually. My mom keeps asking for you, she really wants to see you again. You're one of the only girls she's ever liked that I've dated."

"I have that effect on people.", I joked as I whipped my hair around. "But I miss her too. She reminds me of you so much."

"I get that a lot. But my sister really looks more like her."

"Yeah are we sure your mom and sister aren't twins?", I laughed.

"Positive. You and Dakota look nothing alike at all. Dakota has this shaggy hair with light eyes with you have this nice sleek hair with dark eyes."

"I don't look like anyone in my family. My mom and dad both look just like Dakota. I swear I'm left out."

"Me too. My mom and I are close but my sister and my mom are like that.", he said crossing his fingers.

"Makes sense. They probably have more in common because they're women and you're a guy."

"Oh so they're women but I'm a guy? Wow. I thought that I'd at least be a man or a gentlemen."

"Nope you're a guy. Too bad.", I joked.

"Well it's not like you're a women. You're a girl. My girl.", he winked.

"Haha lol. What's your best pickup line?".

"Are you from Tennessee because you're the only 10 I see.", he laughed.

"That's so old. But I guess it's a classic."

"Well I gotta head out. Baseball practice starts a 6:00 am and I'm exhausted."

"Have fun."

"I won't even if I tried.", he sighed as he walked out.

Maybe this whole situation isn't as bad as it seems. My I'm just overthinking the whole situation.