7

"She rarely sees him. And he's barely a part of her life. They were deprecated when they were young. Her aunt has always been there for her. She took care of Kara. Kara believed that she could convince Astra to stop but she was going to kill J'onn so I had to-i had to-"

Alex couldn't finish and lets out a sob. Maggie doesn't say a word. And just wraps her arms around her.

***MK***

When Alex stops crying they awkwardly pull apart from each other.

Alex shyly wipes her tears with the back of her hand and thanks Maggie.

"No problem," Maggie replies. "Listen Danvers, the only way you and Kara can make up is if you actually talk about it. No good can come from avoiding this."

Alex looks down at her shot glass. She tilts it around watching the liquor move with it but doesn't respond. She knows Maggie's right.

"I'm sorry, that's the only advice I can give you"

Alex looks up from her drink and catches Maggie's eyes. "You're right," she says but the words seem inaudible.

Brown gets lost in brown. It's like a magnet is keeping them from looking away at each other. They stare into each other for what seems like minutes maybe even hours.

They're taken out of their trans when a phone rings.

Alex coughs as if something was stuck in her throat and Maggie pulls out her phone from her pocket.

"I have to take this..." she says pointing to the device. Alex gives her a reassuring smile, giving her the 'ok' to answer it.

The detective accepts the call.

She knew she wasn't supposed to be eavesdropping but she couldn't help but listen to their conversation.

"Hi baby..." Maggie said into the phone.

And Alex stopped listening. For some reason she had a really ugly feeling bubbling in her stomach. If she had looked back she would've noticed that the shine in Maggie's eyes weren't as bright as usual.

After a few minutes Maggie returns from her call. "Hey Danvers?" Maggie asks and Alex looks in her direction. "I have to go, my girlfriend...I forgot we were having dinner"

"Oh yeah go go" Alex ushered her. "Don't let me keep you here."

Maggie reluctantly began collecting her things, "Are you sure?"

"Yeah no you should go." Alex was trying very hard to be a supportive friend. She tried to keep her voice in a light tone or at least as it normally was. But as the detective kept asking it grew harder for Alex to keep her composure. Her hand tightened around the shot glass when she still felt Maggie presence. The shorter woman insists that she needed to go and by the looks of it she should be in a rush, but here she was, still standing behind Alex.

Alex held her breath and her grip on the glass was tightening.

"Well I'm going then."

Alex doesn't know why she wouldn't leave already.

"I-Do you need a ride?" She asked fiddling with her fingers.

"I'll be fine" Alex waves her off. "Maggie your girlfriend needs you right now. So I suggest you go before you don't have one anymore," the agent spat out but it was supposed to sound like a joke.

Maggie was taken aback, not wanting to anger Alex anymore she walks to the door and makes her exit.

Bringing her hands to rub her temples, she lets out a sigh in frustration. A headache is bound to come sooner or later, she predicts. But nevertheless she calls M'gann over for another order.