Chapter 13

Perfect song, listen to it at the end. Don't hate me for this chapter!

Chapter 13

Harry pulled me to my feet.

“What’s wrong Bell?” he asked.

“Uh you know Hermione,” I shrug. I had no idea what I was going to do. Sev had lied to me. For all I know he could have been a part of my Dad’s death! Now Bella you know that isn’t true, that annoying voice in the back of my head spoke up. I don’t know anything anymore; I answered as I slumped down to the floor. Harry and Ron saw I needed alone time.

“We’ll catch you around Bell,” Ron muttered.

“Don’t beat yourself,” Harry added. I dropped my head into my lap. Come on Bella just forgive him. I don’t think I can. Bella he loved Lily, why would he want that to happen? That’s when I realized the voice was right. I frowned and bit my bottom lip. There were two things I could do here. I could forget about Sev, live my life normally and get a boyfriend who was my age. Just thinking that hurt my heart. I couldn’t. I just couldn’t forget about Sev. I quickly pushed away the first option and moved on to the next. I could do the easy thing, forget him, or I could do the true thing and forgive him. I knew deep down along I couldn't live without him. I blew my bangs off of my forehead and thought. Did I want to go to him now? I tried to think of different ways to talk to him. Hey Sev sorry I accused you of murdering my father, want to go out next Saturday? Yeah that would not go well. I continued thinking. Just say what comes to mind Bella, speak from the heart. I finally stood up and walked to the bathroom. I spotted Hermione’s feet in a stall and Ginny was standing outside the door.

“Oh thank goodness you’re here! Bella maybe you could help me,” Ginny exclaimed. Ginny looked annoyed; I wondered how long she had been trying to force Hermione out of the bathroom. I was getting annoyed. Here Hermione was crying in the bathroom when other people had much bigger problems than her. People like me! I was sick of this. Hermione needed to get up, wipe her tears, and hold her head high.

“HERMIONE JEAN GRANGER! Get your little ass up and stop fucking crying!” I yelled. I shoved open the bathroom door. Hermione sniffled.

“You can be pretty scary Bell,” Ginny mumbled. Hermione mopped her face with her sleeves. I grabbed Hermione’s wrist.

“Come on cheer up sweetie,” I tell her.

“I just-“Hermione stopped short and let out a sob. The three of us group-hugged for awhile. Hermione finally stopped her uncontrollable sobbing and started breathing evenly.

“You’re going to be okay,” Ginny told Hermione softly.

“Come on ‘Mione you’ll get over this and Ron will realize he likes-“I started to say.

“Stop it. Ron doesn’t feel that way about me,” Hermione mumbled.

“Of course he does,” Ginny said.

“Then why would he snogg Lavender Brown right in front of me?” Hermione wailed. I could see tears pricking her eyes again.

“Stop right now. Don’t you dare shed another tear! Ron is only with Lavender because-“I started to say.

“Because what Bella?” Hermione said sharply.

“Because he’s a bloke Hermione! His best friend is one of the most famous wizards of all time and no one ever pays a lick of attention to him unless Harry’s involved! He just wants a girlfriend to be there for him; to show him affection! None of this is really his fault! I hate to kick you when you’re down but if you had told him how you felt in fourth year none of this would have happened!” Ginny yelled in one long sentence. We both stared at her in shock. The ginger had her arms crossed angrily and her brown eyes were glowing with anger, as if daring Hermione to make a move.

“You’re right, both of you,” Hermione mumbled.

“Don’t beat yourself up kid. This thing with Lavender is just a fling,” I tell Hermione waving my hand dismissively.

“You’re right,” Hermione agrees. She had finally quit crying and she walked to the sink and wiped her face. She smoothed down her frizzy hair and tried to tame it.

“Let’s go,” Ginny announced.

“You guys go ahead, I want to stay back,” I tell them. Ginny pats my shoulder and takes Hermione’s arm. The two waved to me and exited. I look into the mirror for a long amount of time. I smoothed down my hair and washed my face. I touched up my makeup and tried to smile. My brown eyes looked flat. I blinked and walked out of the bathroom. I made my way to the D.A.D.A classroom. I knocked on the door and waited. The door finally opened and Sev appeared on the other side. He looked surprised to see me which I found odd.

“Oh Isabella,” he said. I stared at him in shock. Isabella? Since when did he call me Isabella? “Come in,” he told me opening the door all the way. I stood next to him and to my shock he moved away.

“What’s going on?” I ask.

“Isabella we need to talk.”

“Well yes we do,” I said, a smirk edging onto my lips. I moved toward him and touched his hand. Again to my surprise he completely moved away from me.

“Sev-“I started but he cut me off.

“Professor Snape,” he corrected.

“B- But,” I started as tears filled my eyes.

“Isabella it’s probably better if we stop this.”

“You mean stop us,” I ask my eyes getting wider and getting mistier by the second.

“Yes it’s honestly better for the both of us.”

“If this is about you being a death eater I decided I don’t care! I still want to be with you,” I cried.

“Just stop please.”

“But-” I couldn’t finish my sentence as a tear dripped sown my cheek.

“Miss Watson at least leave with some dignity,” Sev said coldly.

“But I still want to be with you,” I whimpered again.

“Well I don’t want to be with you.” And with that sentence my heart broke. I felt the tears dripping down my face. He pushed me gently to the door.

“Please,” I whispered.

“Goodbye Miss Watson.” And he closed the door in my face.

“But I love you,” I whispered. But no one was around to hear it.