75 | Little One Who Calls Me

<Naki>
This morning, I woke up late. But a glint of uneasiness and carelessness somehow ruined my mood.
You would think that my good upbringing would have at least made me into a decent guy who wouldn't oversleep and had their life together but I was like everyone else.

"Naki! Hurry up! You'll miss the 1st train!" Momma shouted from downstairs and I saw Papa poke his head through the door.

"Bags all set down stairs. Just remember to grab the toast on the table on your way." He reminded me.

"T-thanks papa."

"You okay sport? You look rather-"

"It's nothing really." I threw on my uniform and ignored that I didn't change my undershirt. Papa nodded his head and left.

I slipped on my pants, brushed my teeth and and washed my face.

I tripped a few times bolting down the stairs, but never managed to fall completely face first on the ground. I found my bag and grabbed it by the straps and as I was already out the door. I forgot my breakfast.
Well, guess I'll have to wait until lunch.

Im a fast runner overall, so catching up to the trains wasn't the problem. It was when the trains themselves are overpacked and you have to deal with the squishing and pushing.

"Yo! Naki!" Daichi and Haruki were already ahead of me. I quickened my pace until I caught up to them.
I was low key admiring Haruki and his new high school uniform and he looked much older because of it. He was the cool looking one. He had the blue blazer while Daichi and I wore out all black uniform.

"What's up." I hung over trying to retake my normal breaths. "Morning."

"First day back to school and you're already starting late streaks aren't you?" Haruki teased me and patted my back.

"Morning!" Daichi slapped my back, "hell of a runner aren't you? You made it with 2 minutes to spare." He sounded like it was an accomplishment.

"2nd year of Junior high, you ready?" Daichi asked we boarded the train.

I nodded my head, I did feel a bit uneasy though. I recently turned 14 two months ago, so you could say that I practically prepared myself.

"You'll do fine." Haruki spoke.

In the corner of my eyes, I saw a group of girls casting their eyes at Haruki and whispering. Yes, he turned out to be a ladies man. At least that's how Papa described it. Daichi even makes fun of him and jokes around about it, but even so, he's pretty popular too and for me? I don't know.

"See yeah." Haruki said his goodbyes as he departed the train. His stop is first before ours and Daichi and I had two more stops to go. Eventually as the passengers gradually got off at the other stops, the train became less crowded.

"Think we'll be in the same class?" Daichi brought up, "wouldn't it be cool if we did?"

"It never happens." I sighed, "but yeah, I wouldn't mind." I agreed.

Then, something tapped the back of my shoulder. I turned around and Daichi faced the same direction. Until we saw the girl who was behind me.

"Um, Akabane?"

"Uh...yes?"

Not before long, I had recognized this girl. She was in my class last year and we were also partners during class duty. Her name was Tachibana, Keiko. I had realized that her hair has grown longer too, that it made her seem more feminine than before.

"I saw you dashing for the train again." She giggled lightly, "always late aren't you?"

"It has become a habit." I nodded my head.