Seven

I Sipped My Martini Looking At Amari Eating His Food. "Why You Kept Asking Questions About Jay And I The Other Day?" I Asked. We Decided To Go Out To Eat. These Past Few Weeks Have Been Hectic And We Needed This Time Together To Spend.

He Looked At Me And Stopped Chewing His Food Then Continued "Because I Wasn't Expecting To See Him At The House Without Dad" He Said Licking His Fingers.

"How Would You Feel If I Started Dating?"

"If You Like It I Love It"

I Smiled And He Looked At Me "What?" He Asked Smiling Slowly. I Shook  My Head.

"You Like Jay?" He Asked.

I Shrugged "When I Saw Him Hit Tristian, I Just Knew It Was Going To Be A Problem In The Future And You Don't Deserve That"

"Mom I'm Fourteen Not Six" He Defended.

"But Weren't You Sad When You Heard Me And Your Father Arguing?"

"I Mean I Was A Little, Only Because I Thought You Guys Were Becoming Closer. Trying To Get Back Together But Then I Knew That Wouldn't Happen" He Said.

"Why?" I Asked.

"Because Mom....Of Your Brain Condition"

I Looked Down "I Don't Want You To Think About All That Okay?"

He Clenched His Teeth Nodding His Head. I Seen A Text From Tristan Asking To Swing By The House. He Just Got Out The Hospital Yesterday And I Know For Sure He Needed To Be In Bed. But I Shot Him A Text Letting Him Know That Was Fine.

"Your Dad Is Coming By" I Said Before Putting My Phone Back On The Table.

"To Pick Me Up?"

"No To Talk To Me" I Said Continuing To Eat My Food. After We Were Done I Payed For The Food And We Headed Home To See Tristan Sitting In His Car. I Turned Off The Car And We Got Out. Tristian Got Out Of His To Walk Up To Us.

"Hey Son" He Smiled Placing His Head On Amari's Shaking It Side To Side.

"Hey Pops" Amari Smiled.

I Smiled Weakly "How You Feeling?"

"Good, Thanks For Asking" He Said. We Walked To My Door And I Unlocked It Letting Everyone Inside. I Closed The Door Behind Everyone.

Amari Went Straight To His Room. I Placed My Keys On The Dinning Table Turning To Tristan.

"I'm Sorry About The Other Night, I Was A Little Tipsy And High" He Said.

"Well You Know What They Say, When Your Intoxicated" I Said Folding My Arms.

Tristian Looked Down "Look I'm Not Trying To Knock Ya Happiness But Does Jay Even Know Abou-"

"That's None Of Your Business Tristan" I Said.

"Look, If I Was Him I Would Want To Know" Tristan Said.

"I Need You To Act Like A Damn Father And Not A Damn Therapist"

He Cocked His Head Back Twisting Up His Face "I'm Looking Out For You"

"Why Is Everyone Looking Out For Me? Like I'm A Lost Puppy? I'm A Grown Ass Woman" I Defended.

"Calm Down Bey" He Said.

"Did You Come Over Here To Apologize Or Jump Down My Throat?"

"I Came To Apologize Aight?"

"Alright Then, I Accept Your Apology Then. And When I Need You To Watch Amari I Need You To Fall Thorough Not Go To The Damn Club Just Because You Can" I Said.