Sixteen

Jay POV

"So You Think I Have A Case?" I Asked.

"You Might...As Your Lawyer You Need To Make Sure You Told Me Everything About Yourself And This Situation Your In"

I Nodded "Well Now That I've Told You The Situation...My Funds Are Low. I Don't Make That Much A Year And My Son Doesn't Live With Me He Stays With His Mother And Sister"

"The Sister Is Your Daughter?" He Asked Jotting Down Notes.

"No She's Not My Child But I Do Take Care Of Her Like She's My Own. Her Father Isn't In Her Life So I Care For Her" I Explained.

He Nodded His Head "I'm Going To Need Receipts As Proof That You've Bought Her Clothes, Shoes, Toys Etc"

"Alright...Do You Think I Have A Chance Of Winning?" I Asked Feeling Nervous For The Answer.

"I'm Going To Give You My Honest Opinion...I Don't Know Because The Grandma Will Gladly Join His Fathers Side. Do You Have Anybody To-"

"Uh Yeah, I Got A Home Girl That Can Vouch For Me. She Was Beyoncé's Hairstylist She Works At My Shop. She Knows Bey Mildly Well"

"Did Bey Tell Her About Giving You Custody Of Amari?" He Asked.

"I Honestly Don't Know...But I Can Ask Her" I Replied. The Guy Nodded His Head "Look I'm A Barber And I Know You Expensive-"

"Look I Became A Lawyer To Help People Like You...If You Really Feel It In Your Heart That This Child Doesn't Deserve To Be With His Father Then We Can Work Out A Plan...This Is Exactly Why I Started My Own Firm. Because I Was Once An Uneducated Brother With Six Children With No High Income And Baby Mama's Tryna Put My Ass On Child Support But I Got My Shit Together Because I Couldn't Loose My Kids. I Didn't Like Where I Got My College Money From But I Did It...So We Can Work Out A Money Plan Let's Just Work On Getting This Child Under Your Custody Okay?"

I Nodded With A Small Smile Across My Face "Thanks For Real Man" I Said Getting Up As We Dapped Each Other Up. "You Can Go To The Receptionist Desk To Schedule Our Next Meeting" He Said. I Nodded My Head Leaving The Office, I Walked To The Receptionist Desk Scheduling My Next Meeting. Then Headed To Amelia's To Pick Up The Kids And Talk To Her About What's Going On.

Once I Pulled Up I Got Out The Car And Headed To The Front Door About To Knock And The Door Swung Open.

"Hi Jay!!" Amiyah Squealed, I Chuckled And Picked Her Up.

"How You Knew I Was Here?" I Asked.

"I Heard You Slam Your Car Door" She Smiled Hugging Me Tightly. I Was So Wrapped Up With Bey Lately Especially Now That She's In The Hospital That I Haven't Seen Jordan And Amelia In A Little Minute.

"Does Your Mom Know That You Opened The Door?"

She Shook Head Head No "Amiyah" I Said Sternly.

"I'm Sorry, I Haven't Seen You In Five Years" She Exaggerated. I Chuckled Lowly.

I Walked Inside The House Closing The Door "I Know Mama....I'm Sorry. I've Been Super Busy"

"It's Okay" She Said. I Kissed Her Forehead Placing Her Down On The Ground.

"Hey" I Heard. I Looked Up To See Amelia Walking Out Of The Bathroom.

"What's Up? I Need To Talk To You" I Said.

"Amiyah Go Make Sure You Have Everything Packed And Let Your Brother Know His Dad Is Here" Amelia Said. Amiyah Followed Her Instructions Going Up The Stairs. I Looked At Amelia And She Just Starred At Me.