The Greed of Hell

Kayden:

Lana was still smothering me with concern as the day wore on, no matter how much I told her that I was fine. Jaden and Jason stood by silently, not daring to say anything that would piss her off. I pried her off my body and caught my breath.

"Lana, you can stop worrying now. I'm fine. I promise. Mr Prince took good care of me when he found me," I told her.

My mind wandered to Mr Prince as I recalled the way he looked after me. The man was as caring as he was hot. I chided myself for thinking about him in that manner, but I couldn't help it. Since I laid eyes on him I've been questioning myself. He made me weak in the knees and tight in the pants. He looked so tough yet he was so gentle and caring when he looked after me. He comforted me while I was in such a bad place mentally. Not to mention the way he looked at me. His gaze felt like it was piercing into my very being. The way he licked his lips when he spoke, it was so sexy. The way his muscles flexed when he was doing something. I shook myself out of those thoughts as I felt my underwear becoming slightly tight and turned to face my friends again. Jaden and Jason were still standing a bit back while Lana was still in front of me. I reassured her one final time that I was okay and we started walking once more, out of the school compound at the end of the day. She still didn't seem convinced but she toned down her motherly behaviour and we all headed over to my house to hang out.

I twisted the ring on my finger that Lana got me for my birthday, the red gleaming in the light of the sun as we chatted about TV shows while Jason drove to my house. As he parked the car and I got out, I felt a sharp pain in my head and closed my eyes and as my eyes were closed I saw a perfect vision of that familiar red face I so often dreamt about. I opened my eyes quickly and shook my head and the pain subsided. I looked around to see if any of my friends noticed and was relieved to find them talking normally, knowing that they didn't see. I sighed we all walked into my house.

Asmodeus:

I walked into the mortal apartment and set my stuff down on the sofa. I walked to the middle of the room and stretched my hands, willing myself back into my demonic form. The guise of Mr Prince melted away revealing my true appearance. I looked in the mirror as my skin turned red and my eyes turned crimson. I watched as my teeth became razor-like and my beautiful black horns extended from my head. The clothes I wore as Mr Prince were evidently too small because they hugged my demon body a bit too snugly, each article of clothing threatening to rip. I  flicked my fingers and the clothes disappeared, leaving my naked body to the elements. I gave my finger another flick and I was covered in a pair of black trousers and a black shirt, with my blood red cloak around my neck. It felt good to be myself again, free of the mortal constraints, feeling my power flowing through my body.

I extended my left hand in front of me and created a window into my palace in Hell.  I watched as my throne room came into focus, the flaming braziers licking the sides of the obsidian throne, and my lieutenant sitting at the foot of the throne, his expression one of boredom as he listened to reports from the palace servants. I watched as he conducted court without me there, and waited until everyone departed from the throne room and he was left alone.

"Why do I have to listen to all this nonsense in his absence," he complained to himself.

I let out a low growl and waited a few seconds before shouting;

"AXIOS!"

The demon let out a shriek and turned around to see me glowering at him through the window of magic.

"My-my lord, I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were there," he stammered.

"Evidently you didn't," I said in a low voice.

"My apologies my lord," he said, quaking.

"I don't have the patience to deal with your nonsense now Axios. Give me a report on anything of importance," I replied, visibly annoyed.

"There's been nothing out of the ordinary my lord to report my lord," he answered.

"Are you sure Axios?" I asked.

"OH! There is one thing my lord. Your brother sent word that he will be coming to the palace soon," he quickly remembered.

"WHAT!? Which one of them?" I roared.

"M-Mammon, my lord," he squeaked.

"What in Hell's name is he coming for? More importantly, WHEN is he coming?" I questioned.

"He didn't give a reason my lord. But he's arriving very soon. By tonight he should be here."

"WHAT! AND YOU'RE ONLY NOW TELLING ME!? IF I HADN'T CONTACTED YOU THEN WHAT?"

He backed away quickly and bent his head. He opened his mouth to speak but I silenced him.

"I am coming now. I'll try to get Mammon to leave as soon as possible so that I may continue my mission in seducing Kayden."

With that I closed the window and summoned a pentagram on the floor of the apartment. I stepped into the middle it and fire blazed up, engulfing me in flames. With that I was transported back to the my desolate land of Hell to await my younger brother.

I lounged on my throne when I saw a circle appear in the center of the room. I smirked as my brother walked out of the flames.

"Little brother," I said, knowing very well he hated when I called him that.

"We are the same age Asmodeus. We're twins for Hell's sake," he replied dryly.

That was true. Lust and greed were birthed at the same time, sired by Lucifer himself. The only thing is that I was born first out of the both of us and I made sure he never forgets it.

"What brings you to this side of Hell brother?" I questioned.

"I just wanted to see my brother, that's all," he replied slyly.

I let out a booming laugh and quickly retorted.

"Mammon, you are not the type of creature who just wants to see someone. What do you want?"

"Fine you got me. I come with a warning."

"Warning? What kind of warning?"

"There's someone who's back. Someone who's stirring up trouble. Someone who's out to get you," he said solemnly.

"What are you talking about. Who are you talking about?" I questioned my mind confused.

A few moments passed before he spoke again, and I almost wished he hadn't.

"Lilith."