Eyes of Blood

Kayden:

School passed as normal the next day and then it was Saturday. The day a star was born. And by star I mean this guy right here. Le me. I jumped off my bed and headed to my bathroom. Turning on the shower, I sang around the bathroom while I cleaned myself. Getting out, I returned to my bedroom to get some clothes on. 

Today, I opted for a pair of grey skinny jeans, with a navy blue v-neck t-shirt and a navy blue hoodie. I headed downstairs for breakfast with the family before heading out with my friends for the day. My mum hugged me and wished me a happy birthday and my dad patted me on the back as he wished me. I sat down to have my chocolate chip pancakes, while my mum asked me about my plans for the day. I told her that Lana, Jaden, Jason and I were going to the mall, and would come back home after to sleep over. She and dad both said okay and told me to have a great day. I know I damn well would. Today is all about me and I'm not gonna let anyone forget it.

I met up with Jaden and Jason outside my house and we headed to pick up Lana so we could head to the mall. We arrive at the mall and head to the food court, first of all, because I'm a greedy bitch, and wanted to get ice cream. Getting our respective flavors (I live for strawberry), we walk around to shop. We walk past a jewellery store and Lana pulls me back into the store while the twins walk off. 

"It's your birthday, I'm getting you something from here," she says. 

I love when everything's about me, but this crazy. Everything in this store costs a fortune.

"Lana, no. This place is expensive. And while I clearly love being the centre of attention and getting stuff, I'm not letting you go into this much expense for me," I said.

She looks at me dryly and says, "You seem to forget my dad owns one of the biggest construction firms in the state. I can more than afford you some jewellery bitch. Calm down." 

I just roll my eyes and agree, knowing I'll lose this argument. I sigh as she starts browsing the store, with me trailing behind her. Her eyes land on a silver ring with a 'K' inside of a red star. 

"Perfect," she mutters and then to the employee behind the counter she says, "Excuse me, can I have this ring please." 

I try the ring on and to my surprise, it's a perfect fit.

When the transaction was completed, I walked out with a new ring on my finger. We caught up Jaden and Jason and continued roaming the mall. After spending like 2 hours at the mall, we decided to head back to my house. Walking to the car, my hand is full of bags because they insisted on treating me for my birthday. And well, I'm not one to complain about treats.

Sitting in the car, I begin looking through the gifts the guys got me. Two new pairs of Levi jeans, a new hoodie, the complete box set of The Mortal Instruments as well as The Infernal Devices, and a 5SOS poster, for my room, the ring I got from Lana, a new pair of Converse shoes, a replica of Harry Potter's wand and a poster of Hogwarts.  Drinking my smoothie, we head off back to my house to hang out.

Pulling into the driveway, we make our way into the house and head straight to the kitchen cause I'm hella hungry and my stomach is fighting me for food. We walk in on my mum making my favorite food in the world, lasagna. I jump up on the counter and she looks up. 

"Hey there mother dearest, look what these little angels got me for my birthday."

 She looks at everything and say it's all wonderful until her eyes land on the ring on my finger. 

"Where did you get that?" 

I look at Lana who speaks up for me. 

"I-I-I got it for him Mrs. Nelson."