one

Alright everyone, first things first. This is not a new story that I am writing however there will be several changes throughout the first FOUR chapters. I have not updated in years and with these new changes this book should be treated as so. I started it back in 2017 and I worked on it for some time, maybe a month before publishing the first chapter and I can admit it was hard to do so. It's still hard, especially with everything going on in society today March 31, 2020. The nation is in shambles. When I started writing this in 2017, initially I wasn't really sure of where I wanted this to go or if I really wanted to complete it. Writer's block met me at every corner and I often felt I wasn't good enough or fit to write this story but I knew I wanted it to be told. And I knew I wanted to be the one to tell it simply because I didn't think anyone else could do it. If they could or wanted to, they would've done it. I know cause I asked lol but that's not the point. I hope you all like it and at least find one character or re;ationship that you could relate to. It's noy completely made up. It's a mixture of my favorite movie(s) or (show(s) combined. Anyway, comment, like, leave suggestions and feedback. Just be mindful that I am human and I am somewhat incapable of checking for spelling mistakes or grammatical errors. (Okay so not incapable but I don't like rereading my work because it takes longer for me to spot the errors). With that being said, IF YOU FIND ANY ERRORS JUST LET ME KNOW. COMMENT WHERE THEY ARE AND I'LL FIX THEM. DON'T BE A DICK ABOUT IT. WITH THAT BEING SAID, READ AT YOUR OWN WILL.

A diva? With today's negative connotation to the word, no. She wasn't a diva. In fact she was far from one, unless of course, one were to use Beyoncé's definition and refer to her as "the female version of a hustler". Her family's background made sure of that. From her first recording contract at the age of 11, to being put into a girl group with four strangers, another record deal, several tours, modeling contracts, songwriting, amongst other things, she was no stranger to the hustle. She had a good head on her shoulders and stayed away from anything that went against her own morals and beliefs no matter how different they may have been from her family's. She worked hard on keeping her mind, body and soul right. The years she spent being part of one of the biggest girl groups in the world and the biggest during their time before they disbanded in 2018: AMAs, VMAs, Grammys, you name it, they got it; to transitioning into a solo artist. A solo career that was successful and continued to bless her taught her a lot about the music industry and life in general. It even allowed her to live comfortably and splurge whenever she wanted on whatever she pleased as often as her heart desired. She had grown accustomed to life on the road: the radio interviews and TV interviews, the concerts, the game shows and talk shows she often went on...anything that allowed her to talk about her music and passion for it as well as interact with her fans. And while it brought her great joy, it all unfortunately, played a significant part in why she was in this particular place today.

Seated in hair and makeup with earphones in her ears and her phone in her lap as Carlene K., one of her favorite makeup artists who had toured with her as a member of Fifth Harmony turned friend beat her face to the gods, and both Randy Stoghill, one of the first hairstylists she'd ever worked with when X Factor ended and Fifth Harmony first started out and Justine Marjan, a hair stylist from LA that only begun to work with them after they became a quartet, were currently working magic on the blonde tresses on top of her head (Justine worked while Randy assisted). DinahJane was completely surrounded by the love and support she needed to get her through today's interview and the aftermath. Her parents sat on the huge wrap-around couch with her seven brothers and sisters nearby running around or occupied by the TV or their own electronic devices. Her former bandmates, sisters really, that would be accompanying her in this sit-down interview were already done with hair and makeup and spent their now free time entertaining each other and all of their children as well as indulging in the food and snacks on the table complimentary of both teams. All the while, she sat there stoic, not an ounce of emotion etched on her face or embedded in her eyes. She had zoned out long ago and instead of trying to break her out of her troubling thoughts, Carlene, Justine and Randy made light conversation amongst themselves and the others in the room, allowing Dinah the chance to be one with her thoughts and so she did. No one caught it at first, the sob she choked back, but It wasn't long before her demeanor had changed and tears welled in her eyes as she dwelled on the memories both good and bad over the last nine years. There were many things people wanted to know, things that she kept all to herself, until now. Today she was going to address it all, much to her parents dismay.