Chapter 19

1 Month Later
Makenna's POV
I tried to contain my laughter as I watched Austin struggled to get the crib put together.
"Here," I scooted closer to him as I took the pieces from his hands, "let me."
He watched me intently as I easily slid the pieces together and finished setting it up.
"How are you so good at this," he mumbled as we stood up.
I just shrugged and followed him downstairs.
"Do you want anything specific for dinner," he asked as we walked into the kitchen.
I shook my head and sat down at the counter.
"The appointment for the gender is tomorrow," I said, "10:30 in the morning. You better be up."
"I will be," he nodded as he rummaged through our almost empty cabinets, "don't you worry about anything."
I smiled and continued to watch him as he tried to find something to eat.
"I'll just go to the store," I stood up, "I'll grab some things and be back before you know it."
"Are you sure," he asked, "I can go if you want."
"No," I quickly rejected that idea, "that didn't work too well last time. I told you we needed cheese, butter, and eggs. You came back with cookies, snacks, and every type of cheese except for the one I needed. And on top that, you forgot the butter and eggs."
"That was one of my bad days," he chuckled.
"That was your last grocery shopping trip," I giggled, "I'm fine. I'll go."
He looked at me for a minute before nodding slowly.
"Okay," he threw me the keys, "call me if there's any problems."
I smiled and nodded.
I slipped on my shoes and went out to the car.

The store was only a ten minute drive so it wasn't long before I got there.
I went in and, like usual, there were only a few people milling around.
I grabbed a cart and walked through the aisles, grabbing what looked good and throwing it in the cart.
After about 20 minutes I went to the register and bought everything.
As I walked out to the car I looked around. I'm outside by myself at 8. It's dark outside and I'm alone. But I'm alive. I see no one lurking, I see no one period.
I put everything in the car and drove home.

"Austin," I ran inside, "things are okay!"
"What do you mean," he asked as he walked over to help me.
"I was out by myself, Austin. Something always seems to go wrong when things start to go right, but not tonight. Things are okay."
Austin just looked at me for a minute before smiling and nodding.
"You're right," he took some bags from me, "things are okay."

I went upstairs after putting everything away, leaving Austin to find something to eat.
I slipped off my pants and shirt and put on a pair of shorts and one of Austin's shirts before crawling into bed.
I laid there for a few minutes before I finally fell asleep.

Austin's POV
I put away all of the stuff I used to make my sandwich when I was done eating and turned the lights off before quietly going upstairs.
I crept into our room and went to the closet.
I took my shirt off and changed into s different pair of shorts before crawling in bed next to Makenna.
"Goodnight Makenna, I whispered, "I love you."
"I love you too," she mumbled as I closed my eyes.

I woke up the next morning and quietly got up.
"Shit," I groaned as I checked the time, "Makenna. Wake up. It's 10:15."
She quickly shot out of bed and ran into the closet, muttering curse words under her breath.
"I forgot to set my alarm," she groaned as she put on a pair of sweatpants and and took the shirt off.
She grabbed one of her shirts and slipped it on as I also changed quickly.
"Let's go," she said as we ran down the stairs, "we'll get food on the way home."
I nodded and grabbed my keys off of the counter on our way to the door.

I drove as fast as I could so we wouldn't be late.
"10:28," Makenna said as I parked.
""Let's go," I jumped out and ran over to her side.
I shut her door and picked her up, running into the hospital.
She just laughed at me as I ran to the counter and put her back on her feet.
"We're here for a uh," I said as I tried to catch my breath," uh a um."
"Appointment," Makenna interrupted me, "I have my appointment for the babies gender today."
"Alright," the lady at the desk nodded, "have a seat and the doctor will be right out."
We both nodded and sat down.
"See," Makenna said, "we got here on time, no worries."
I just looked at her as she tried to contain her laughter.
"You are so beautiful," I whispered.
She quickly stopped laughing and gave me a confused look.
"Where'd that come from," she asked.
"You are beautiful, Makenna. The way your bottom lip trembles as you try to stop yourself from laughing at my stupidity," I brushed my hand over her cheek, "The dimple on your right cheek is the cutest thing, and don't even get me started on your personality. You are beautiful Makenna Rose and you deserve to be told that all the time."
She looked away as her face started to turn red, but I could still see her smiling.
"Makenna."
I looked up and saw the doctor in the doorway.
"Coming," she stood up.
I did the same and we followed him back into a room.
"Sorry Alpha," the doctor said as Makenna got up on the bed and he began to prepare his stuff, "I didn't realize it was you."
"No worries," Makenna smiled at him, "you can call me Makenna. I don't mind."

After he spread the gel on her stomach and moved the weird stick looking thing around he looked at the screen and mumbled something to himself.
"Alright," he looked at us, "I'm gonna go take a better look at the images while you clean up."
Makenna nodded and he left the room.
She wiped the gel off of her and sat up as she fixed her shirt.
"I hope it's a girl," she said, "well I don't really care actually. I'll love them whether it's a girl or a boy, but a girl would be nice because I can do her hair and dress her up."
I smiled at her and nodded.
"Okay guys," the doctor came back in. "I have some news."
He looked around nervously as I felt my heart drop into my stomach. I reached over and took Makenna's hand in mine.
"There might be some complications," he said quietly, "so I need you guys to come see me every two weeks. You're going to have this baby early, there's no doubt about that. It's just how early I'm concerned about. So, I need you to stay off of your feet as much as possible, don't shift into your wolf and try not to stress about things, okay? Other than that everything looks fine."
"Why," Makenna asked quietly.
"I'm not exactly sure," he said as he rubbed he back of his neck, "but I can tell by looking over everything that the baby is having some issues being inside of your stomach, so you'll have him earlier than expected."
"Him," I said, "so it's a boy."
"Yes," he nodded, "congratulations.
You guys are having a baby boy."
——————————————————————
I'm Still Alive Guys,
I'm So So Sorry It's Taken Me This Long To Update.
I've Been Swamped With School And Work And Everything I Haven't Even Had Enough Time To Eat And Sleep Properly.
But I'm Back, I'll Try To Update More Regularly!
I Love You All, Thank You So Much For Sticking With Me Through All Of This!!
Until Next Time,
"You'll Always Be Too Much Of Something For Someone; Too Big, Too Small, Too Loud, Too Soft, Too Edgy. But If You Round Out Your Edges, You Lose Your Edge."
-Allenah<3