Chapter 9

Makenna's POV
After I told Adrian what I was doing he insisted on going with so I left Austin a note.
I don't wanting him to worry, but I don't want him to come either.
I then texted my dad to inform him on where I was going. That way just in case things went wrong he'd know where I was, although I doubt Allen would try anything.

We got in my truck and I drove, neither of us saying a word.
Adrian knew what I wanted to do.
I knew he didn't want me to.
But I can't let Allen think he can walk all over me. I can't let him think he's in control, especially of my mate.
"You said there was a note. What did it say?" Adrian asked after two hours of silence.
I pulled it from my pocket and let him read it.
Makenna,
I hope you don't mind, but I dropped by to see how my son was doing.
The guards were all very nice and let me in with no problems. I just wanted to see how Austin is doing but it seems as if I came at the wrong time. I hope you can drop by sometime, I'd love to discuss a few things with you.
Until we meet again,
Allen
"Makenna. This isn't a good idea." Adrian said. "This is basically inviting you on his land. This doesn't feel right."
"I know Adrian. That's why I have a back up plan." I said, glancing in the mirror to make sure the vans were behind us. "Look behind us."
He looked in the mirror and saw the multiple cars following behind us.
I had about 50 warriors in the vans behind us. I know Allen is a man with many tricks. I wasn't going to walk into this and be blindsided.
"Shit, man." Adrian muttered, shaking his head. "Remind me to not underestimate you."
I laughed and nodded as I kept driving.

"We're here." I said, stopping at his border.
All of the warriors got out and I held my hand up.
"You guys stay here. I'm going to go and find Allen. If there's any issues I'll let you guys know." I said.
They all nodded followed by a chorus of yes Alphas as I turned towards Allen's land.
Adrian and I walked across his border and shifted, running towards his house.

We got there and he was standing outside as if he had been waiting.
I shifted back as he walked towards us.
"Makenna." He chuckled. "I see you got my note."
I scowled and took a step towards him.
"Listen to me, Allen. I'm not the one you want to mess with." I growled in his face. "You were given specific instructions to fuck off and you stepped onto my land. That is normally a call for war. But I've decided to have a little talk with you first."
"Listen little girl." He said.
And that was all it took for my hand to make contact with his jaw, making him fall backward.
"It's Alpha Makenna to you." I growled, giving him a glare, daring him to get back up.
"Good pup." I said, taking a step back as he stayed on the ground.
"You little bitch." He groaned, holding his face. "How's Austin holding up? Is he even holding up at all? I'm not surprised if he isn't. He's always been the weak one."
I growled and leapt on top of him, punching him until I felt Adrian pull me away.
"Try again Allen," I growled. "and this time you'll join your mate."
"Just get off my land." He groaned, trying to stand up.
"Stay off of mine next time." I growled, shifting and running back to the woods.
I looked back and saw the wolves step from the tree lines, watching us run back to the border.

We got back to the border and all of my warriors were still there.
"Let's go home." I said. "But since you all are here. If Allen so much as waves an arm over our border, I'm to be contacted immediately. He is not welcome on my land no matter what he says."
There was a chorus of 'yes alphas' before I got back into my truck and we headed home.

"It was a trap." Adrian muttered as I drove away from his land.
"A shitty one." I glanced over at Adrian.
He smiled and nodded.
"A very shitty one." He chuckled. "No wonder he's ranked one of the weakest packs."
"I'd like to see him try to cross my land again. I don't care that he's Austins father. He crosses my border, he's dead." I said.
And I meant it.