Chapter 18

Makenna's POV
I opened my eyes and looked around, trying to remember where I was.
"I warned you."
I looked over and saw the moon goddess standing there.
"I told you if you used your power again you would die," she said, "but you did it anyways. Why?"
"I had to save Austin," I said as I stood up, "I couldn't live with myself if I had let him die just so I could live. A life without him isn't worth living."
"Interesting," she said, "what if I told you that you still have a chance to live."
"I'd say no thanks," I shrugged.
"Why," she asked.
"I couldn't protect him," I said quietly, "he almost died because I couldn't save him."
"But you did save him," she said, "without you he would be dead, and unlike you, he wouldn't have a chance to be alive again."
"Everyone would be better off without me," I said, "all I did was cause them trouble. They were always worried about me, having to keep me alive. But this way they won't have me to worry about. So what's the big deal?"
"Makenna," she sighed, "everyone loves you and they will all miss you. They already do and it's only been a week."
"A week," I gave her a confused look.
"Yes," she nodded, "a week. You're in a coma, but there's something you should know."
"What," I asked.
"You're pregnant," she said, "that is why you have the option to live. I am able to bend the rules only because you have an innocent child inside of you who had no option on whether you would live or die. So now I'm giving you the option again. Will you choose to live so you and Austin can raise your child together? Or stay with me and your child will never be born, leaving Austin heartbroken along with the rest of your family?"
It took me a minute to think about it.
"I'll go back, raise my child with Austin, see my family," I said after a minute.
"Why did you hesitate," she asked.
"Because I had to think about it," I shrugged, "I didn't want to answer too soon and then decide it isn't the right thing to do."
"You're a very smart girl, Makenna. I admire you for that," she smiled.
"Thank you," I nodded, "so when can I go back?"
"As soon as you'd like," she shrugged, "just lay down and go to sleep. When you wake up you'll be back where you belong."

Austin's POV
"Jeremy," I yelled as I ran out of Makenna's hospital room, "something's wrong!"
He ran down the hall and into her room.
"She's throwing up," he muttered as he turned her on her side.
"Why," I asked quietly.
"I don't know," he said quietly, "let me do some tests."
I nodded and stepped back as he drew some of her blood.

After about an hour Jeremy came back in and sighed.
"She's pregnant," he said.
I stood up and just looked at him.
"I'm not sure how, but for some reason her mind is the only thing in a coma. Her body is making sure these babies survive," he said looking over at her, "if these babies are born it will be a miracle."
I nodded and he left the room again.
"You've gotta wake up, Mak," I whispered as I sat down again, "please."

"Austin," Reagan came into the room later that day, "Jeremy told us."
I just nodded and she sighed.
"Go home, get a shower and eat something. I'll stay here with her," she said.
I looked at her and could tell this isn't up for debate.
I nodded and slowly stood up.
Reagan grabbed my arm as I walked by her.
"She'll be okay," she said quietly as she pulled me to her. 
I nodded and hugged her.
"Now go," she pushed me away, "you stink."
I chuckled and left.

I went back to our house and up to our room.
It felt weird saying our room when she's not awake to share it with me.
She might not ever wake up, then it won't be our room anymore.
I shook my head at that thought and walked into the closet.

After I showered and changed I walked downstairs and into the kitchen.
I made a sandwich and sat at the counter.
Austin, Adrian said through our mind link, you should get back here.
I dropped the rest of the sandwich and left everything there, running outside.
I ran all the way to the hospital, not stopping until I got to her room.
I walked in and everyone was there, including Makenna who was wide awake.
"Austin," she tried to get out of bed but I quickly sat down on next to her so she wouldn't have to get up."You're alive."
"Because of you," I smiled softly, "don't ever do that again."
I pulled her close to me as everyone quietly left the room.
"What," she asked.
"Pick my life over yours," I whispered, "it's a miracle you're alive."
"It's because of the baby," she said quietly as she moved her hand onto her stomach, "the moon goddess said that I may have known I would die by saving you but the baby didn't so I was given the option to be alive again, to be with you so we could raise our child."
"Did you know," I asked.
"Did I know what?"
"That you would die," I said quietly," that saving me meant you would die."
"Yes," she whispered," but I didn't care. All I could think about was that if I let you die a part of me would die too, knowing I could have saved you but I didn't just so I could save myself. I would have hated myself so I made a decision."
"You shouldn't have," I shook my head, "I'm serious Makenna. You were willing to die for what?"
"For you," she said, "I was willing to die for you because there are so many things you still need to see. You have a life that you need to live now that you're free of him. I've lived my life for eighteen years. I've traveled, I've had friends, I've had a normal life for eighteen years. You haven't even been able experience half of that. So yeah, I was willing to die if it meant you would be able to live."
I didn't say anything for a few minutes, thinking about what she had said.
"Our child would have died," I said quietly.
She pulled away from me and scoffed.
"I didn't know I was pregnant," she yelled, "if I had known I wouldn't of even gone into battle. I would have stayed home and let Adrian lead the warriors. Is that what you think of me? That I'd actually go into battle and risk my babies life?"
"That's not what I meant, Makenna," I shook my head as I reached out to her. "I just mean that your life is important too, okay?"
She nodded and let me pull her back into my arms.
"I'm sorry," I whispered, "I was just worried. I was scared you wouldn't wake up, that I had lost you. I thought you were going to die and I was terrified. You're right, I do have a life to live. But life without you wouldn't be living, it would be surviving."
She nodded and we just sat there quietly.
It didn't take long for her to fall asleep so I gently laid her down.
"Please don't go," she mumbled as I stood up, "lay with me."
I carefully climbed in bed next to her and she snuggled close to me.
"I love you Makenna Rose," I whispered, "more than you'll ever know."
-------------------------------------------------------
She's Alive!!!!!!
I Saw Everyone's Comments And I Wanted To Reply To Them But I Couldn't Because I Didn't Want To Give Anything Away.
I See All Of Your Comments, I Read Them All.
Reading Them Make Me Smile :)
All I've Ever Wanted To Do Is Write, To Draw People In, To Write A Book That People Get Really Interested In.
It Makes My Heart So Happy That You Guys Actually Like My Writing :')
I Love You All!!
Until Next Time,
"It's You. It's Always Been You."
-Allenah<3