Chapter 5

Cira's POV
I didn't sleep, I couldn't.
I've been awake, thinking about Austin. Wondering why his name seemed so important, why I was so mad about his abuse.
Today's the day I'll find out.

I climbed out of bed and walked into my closet, flipping through my hangers.
After putting on my black leggings and a white tee shirt I went to the guest room to find Adrian awake, sitting next to Sadie's bed.
"We need to go." I said quietly.
He nodded and I went downstairs.
"Where are you going?" My dad asked when I walked into the kitchen.
"Allen's pack." I growled.
"Why?" He asked.
"Austin." I said. "We have the omega here from his pack that is Adrians mate. I'm taking her with and telling him she will be apart of my pack now and then I'm finding Austin. She worked in the Alphas house and knows for a fact of the abuse that takes place."
"Are you taking any warriors?" He asked, looking concerned.
"No. Me and Adrian will be fine." I said.
"Makenna. This isn't smart. You don't even know this boy. You're risking a lot by snooping around Allen's territory. All for a boy you don't know."
"Dad." I sighed, shaking my head. "You're right. I don't know this boy. But I feel like I do. His name gives me butterflies, the thought of him being hurt angers me. He could be my mate, dad. I need to find out. I know this is a risk, but it's worth it."
He stood there for a minute, staring at me.
"Okay." He finally nodded. "I understand. Just be safe. And if you need anything don't hesitate to call me. I love you Makenna."
"Okay. I love you too." I said, kissing his cheek.
I grabbed the keys to my truck and met Adrian and Sadie at the bottom of the stairs.
"Lets go." I said, walking to my truck.

•3 Hours Later•
We reached Allens house and Sadie stared at the house before getting out of the truck.
"You ready?" I asked as Adrian got out.
"As ready as I'll ever be." She nodded. "Up the stairs and to the left. There's a door. It'll probably be locked. He's up the stairs."
"Thank you." I said quietly as we walked up to the door.
"Makenna." Allen said, opening the door. "Border patrol told me you were here."
"Yes. I came to talk." I said.
"Come in." He opened the door.
We walked in and I looked around as he lead us to the living room.
We walked past the steps and the smell hit me.
Mate.
I kept following him, trying to ignore the smell for the right now.
"To what do I owe the pleasure?" He asked as we sat down.
"Sadie was brought onto my land by rogues. Which led us to discover that she is Adrian's mate. So she's going to join my pack as my Beta Female." I said.
"Okay. Well I'd like to talk to Sadie and Adrian then." He said, eyeing us suspiciously. "About the rogues, of course."
"Okay." I nodded. "Do you mind if I use the bathroom?" I asked, standing up.
"Not at all. Past the steps and to the left." He said.
I nodded and walked out of the room.

I got to the steps and looked around before quietly walking up them.
I followed Sadie's directions and turned left, walking down to the end of the hall.
I got to the door where the smell was strongest.
I lightly knocked and put my ear to the door.
I could hear movement, but it was getting farther away from the door.
I pulled a bobby pin from my hair and stuck it in the lock, wiggling it around until I heard a click.
I smiled as I opened the door.
Austin's up there, he's my mate. I need to get him home, I need him to be safe.
I slowly walked up the stairs and looked around.
"Austin." I whispered, looking at the boy who was huddled in the corner.
"Mate." He said quietly, looking up and staring at me.
"Mate." I whispered, looking at his cut up and bruised face.
I slowly walked over as he stood up.
"My name is Makenna." I said as his eyes filled with tears.
"You can reject me now. Just get it over with." He said, a tear falling down his face.
"Why would I reject you? You're my mate, the one who I was made for." I said, looking at him with tears in my eyes. "You're coming with me."
He nodded as I gently put his arm around my shoulder and helped him down both flight of steps.

"What do you think you're doing?" Allen roared, storming out of the living room as I reached the bottom stair.
"I'm leaving, you bastard!" I yelled as Adrian and Sadie walked over. I let go of Austin and walked over to Allen, standing toe to toe with him.
"You pathetic excuse of an Alpha I swear to god if you so much as step foot on my land I will kill you myself." I growled.
"He killed his mother! Why the hell do you want him!" He yelled back.
"He's my mate." I growled. "He's perfect and nothing you say will change my mind. So get out of my way. Or try to test me and I swear you'll end up just like his mother." I stared him in the eye, daring him to challenge me.
He took a step back as he looked away.
I growled and turned around, going back to Austin and helping him to my truck.
Adrian and Sadie climbed into the back seat as I helped Austin into the front seat.
"We're going home." I smiled softly.