XX.

Ariana Grande

I was currently packing, making sure everything that I need was packed. We leave in 20 hours and Justin hasn't even bothered to even talk to me.

I don't know if it's because he's afraid of saying goodbye or if it's because he doesn't wanna say goodbye at all. I just wish he knew that if it was my choice to make, of course I wouldn't just up and leave. I finally have everything I've ever hoped for and I wouldn't jeopardize what we have like this.

I know that both him and I are afraid of what might happen to us because of the distance, but we've both been through hell and back. I think the distance will not tear us apart, but rather, make us even stronger.

Sighing, I began to fold my clothes neatly and place them inside of my suitcase. Just as I was about to continue folding, I hear a soft knock on my door.

"Come in." I mumble softly as I ignore the sound of my door opening and closing, zipping up my suitcase since it was full already.

I jump slightly when I feel a pair of arms wrapped around my waist, myself calming down as I smell the familiar scent of Justin's cologne. I take a deep breath, immediately turning around so that I'm able to hug him.

"Hey." He whispers, rubbing my back soothingly. I gently release him from my tight hug, a small smile creeping onto my lips.

"I'm glad you're here, babe." My thumb caressed his cheek sweetly, my chocolate brown eyes glazing into his hazel ones. "But, you dickwad! I have to leave in a couple of hours and you just show up now? I wanted to spend more time with you, baby."

He sighs as his arms sweetly wrap around my waist, his eyes stay gazing into mine. "There was um, a family problem baby. I couldn't just leave in the middle of that. I'm sorry. But I'm here now, okay?" He explains. I just nod in understanding and continue packing.

Justin then takes a seat onto my bed. I can't help but notice how big he's smiling down at his phone. Maybe it's a meme? Or a vine? We always laugh about those for hours.

He then continues typing whatever before I turn my attention back to packing.

20 HOURS LATER

"Are you all ready, baby girl? Are you positive that everything you need is in there?" Mom asks, I nod for what feels like the hundredth time. She smiles at me through the mirror before she begins to drive.

Justin was sitting in the back with me, but we were a seat apart. I have no idea why, but he's been so distant lately. All he's been doing is texting someone on his phone, and constantly going outside to 'take calls.'

I don't get why he has to be so secretive about it. We rarely even spent time together like he promised.

If we're going to be this way before I leave, what'll happen when I'm gone?

Half an hour later, we arrive at the airport. Justin and Frankie both take my luggage out of the trunk. Mom and I walk towards the entrance, I sigh as I look around.

'Flight 347 to Connecticut will be boarding in ten minutes. Again, Flight 347 to Connecticut will be boarding in ten minutes.'

As I hear the lady speak throught the speakers, I can't help but let a few tears escape my eyes.

"That's me." I said to Frankie before I hug him, and Mom too. The three of us had already talked earlier, though.

I immediately look around for Justin. And when I finally spot him on his phone, again, I walk up to him.

"Baby, I'm going now."

He looks up from his phone, nodding. "Okay, take care." He says before he wraps his arms around me, pulling me in for a quick hug.

I lean in to kiss him, but he just turns away. "Ariana, stop. I can't do this— I don't want this. Not anymore."

What?

"Jay.. w-what? Stop, baby you don't mean that." I argued, shocked by his words. A few more tears fall from my eyes.

"Then how come I do? You know, you should go. Just leave. I have to take his anyway." He replies before answering his goddamn phone.

"Jay, no— please.." I whisper, but he was already gone.

Frankie immediately approaches me, but I smile softly and shake my head. "No, I'm fine. I have to go."

I quickly gather my luggages, pulling myself together as I walk towards security. Of course, I look back and see Justin outside, still talking to someone on the phone.

This can't be the end. I don't want this to be the end. We were okay a couple of days ago.. what happened?

Justin Bieber

"Hey, baby."

"Hey, Sel. She's gone now."

"Great, I'm on my way now to pick you up. Bye, baby." She hangs up before I could even reply.

I look inside of the airport once again, fighting a few tears.

I'm sorry, Ari.
You'll understand someday.

okay, so don't kill me!! but that's the last chapter of Letters to Him.

i am so, so sorry that i haven't updated in so long. i've just sort of lost the motivation to. but, here we are at the end.

i cannot thank you guys enough for still reading and supporting, it means the world.

still don't know if i should make a second book or not. hm.

everyone loves cliffhangers.

i love you!
Celine.