Chapter 1 - First Day

Hi Everyone,

This is the first chapter of Princess and the Bodyguard! it is aimed at 12/13yr olds as it was written for my bestfriend for her 13th birthday :) I know that it's cliché in parts but I hope you enjoy it please give feedback

EDITED 28/06/2015

*****************************************************************************************************

Chapter 1 - First day

"Well, Well, if it isn't Alexis Stone." a female voice echoed down the empty corridor. I'd only been at Green Hills High School for twenty minutes and I already wanted to leave. Most people called me Alex, except for my dad who insists on calling me Lexy. I hated being called Alexis, it sounded too girly and one look at me would prove that I'm far from a girly girl. I was wearing a pair of old jeans and a plain t-shirt, with my blonde hair up in a ponytail. I turned around to see who had used my name and to my horror I saw Victoria Slater standing ten feet in front of me, with her hand placed on her hip and a smirk on her lips.

Victoria was branded 'the Slut' from one of my old schools. I hadn't seen her in two years but other than going from blonde to brunette she hadn't changed much, she wore a tight red mini skirt with a strapless top that showed way too much cleavage.

"You've got to be kidding me! I've just got used to not having the smell of 'Slut' hanging around" I spat with a roll of my eyes,

"Don't take it out on me just because you want what I have." She said flipping her hair behind her shoulder.

"All you've got are STD's and I don't want them, thanks"

"You better watch it Stone" she hissed at me stepping forward.

"What are you going to do about it?" I growled closing the gap between us.

"Vicky" a guy called as he walked towards her, he had brown spiky hair with blonde highlights and wore black jeans and a white top with a leather jacket over the top,

"You better watch out. I own this school." she said to me before walking over to the guy who instantly grabbed her ass and whispered something in her ear that made her giggle. I turned around and walked away from the couple rolling my eyes as I made my way to my first class. Hopefully my day will get better, it's not like it could get any worse.

I found my classroom and knocked lightly on the door before entering. The room was silent as I entered, with everyone's eyes following me as I walked over to the teacher who stood in front of her desk. I handed her some paperwork from the office and she smiled happily at me.

"Oh Brilliant. Well Alexis -"

"Alex" I cut in,

"Oh ... Alex welcome to Green Hill, I'm Mrs Hilton your English teacher, please take a seat" she said with a smile and I made my way to the back of the class, passing all the other students who continued to stare at me with curiosity.

I was used to being the new student, my dad works for a film company and has to travel all over the world for his job, and as my mother died during child birth I have to tag along with him. Every couple of month's dad would get a phone call and we would be off to another country. I had been to twenty three different schools since I was five, when I was younger I found it scary to come into a new school in the middle of the year. The hardest thing was trying to catch up with the rest of the class, depending on the country I was ether ahead or behind on the curriculum. I never complained about moving, it has become normal to me now and I enjoy all the interesting places we get to visit. Who else could say that they had travelled the world by the age of ten? Plus I love my dad and spending time with him. We're like best friends, obviously we have our moments but what do you expect, I'm a fifteen year old teenager and he is a single parent with no idea how to handle a young girl.