Lil Part Of Carnage's Backstory

Because I feel like it. Mainly for people I roleplay with (*coughs suspiciously and tags WinterKittyCaptain, TylerTheMinecraftian, and DragonHearted16* also, my phone hasn't updated any of your usernames... XD) because Carnage is a character shrouded in mystery. Jk, but he's a part of my childhood. He helped me cope with boredom as I drove back and forth from my grandparents to my original home (five hour drive) and when my mom was taking us from my dad. He's played a key role in my imagination. He's my friend. That'll never change. So don't fuck with this character, I mean it.

------

Loneliness drove you to this, he reminded himself. He was in wolf form, sitting beside some arrogant human waiting for scraps. That was the only food he got, leftovers from the man's plate. And so, he sat and waited, eyes pleading for some of the fish his owner was eating.

Carnage was skinnier than when he'd been beta for the pack, much skinnier. It didn't help that this human was incapable of giving him the correct amount of nutrition, but regardless. Occasionally he questioned leaving the pack, and then he'd recall how they treated him.
No one goes rogue without a reason. He knew that. He just had to remind himself every so often. Particularly when he was begging for scraps off the meal of who would normally be his meal, or when the harsh, unforgiving hands of his master would bare down on his form, leave him bleeding and weak, but still willing to do anything for him.
Carnage was devoted, to say the least. Any kindness shown to him would often be returned in greater numbers. In this case, shelter and food. That was his struggle, provided. And as such, he had to repay the human, no matter how degrading and humiliating it was. No matter how beaten up he became.

A small chunk of flesh was tossed down to the doggish, unkept wolf, who snatched it out of the air and choked it down. How the humans ate such flavorless meat, he'd never understand. But he understood the need to eat, so he swallowed it anyway. The man's soft snicker filled the room, echoing horribly in the canine's sensitive ears. One of them had been bleeding for the last few days due to a hit he'd received for barking out the window at a deer. Sure, it had been early, but it was food. Didn't the human know that it could've made his next meal?

Another piece of dish bounced off the muzzle of the animal, landing on the ground. The man covered it with his foot as punishment for Carnage's being distracted. Even so, his wolf lept to its feet and sniffed and bit at the edges of his owner's shoe to try and recover the lost food. And the man was angry. Very angry.
Carnage glanced up too late to see the blow that came to his head, smashing down at the base of his neck. He yelped in pain and darted back a few feet as the human stood, exuding his disappointment. He smelled of raw, unchecked rage and cheap beer, drawing fear from the wolf. He wouldn't fight back, that would do him no good. To kill the human would be a death threat. He'd receive worse punishment from the packs, the other werewolves. He's too young to die, so he just cowers and hopes for mercy.
The blow came swiftly, a kick to the ribcage. He braced and was forced back to the wall, allowing another yelp to escape his mouth. He whined out an apology, receiving another slap as punishment, along with something that sounded suspiciously like, "Shut up." He almost whined again. He didn't want to hurt the man after all he'd done for him, even if there were setbacks. It could always be worse. The moment of quiet allowed for the man to sigh and rub Carnage's head apologetically, calmed down.

"I'm sorry, ol' boy." He'd say and give him a little more attention before returning to his food, usually heaving the wolf a hearty portion.

Today was different. He clipped a leash to the irritating red collar the man made him wear around his neck and started tugging him towards the door. Confused, Carnage kept up, not slowing to save energy or to hide the favouring he so obviously had. The human approached the fence that kept outsiders away and the thought occured to him they were going to get into the cranky metal car that the man drove everywhere.
But where would he be taking him?
Carnage whined softly in confusion, keeping his voice low. The moment he made the noise the leash was jerked, causing the wolf to trip over it's paws and stumble forward. He instantly rushed to catch up to the man's heels, apologetically licking his hand. He caught himself doing this and stopped, embarrassed. He'd lost his touch, his sense of dignity. Two years of absolute beating does that to a wolf, loyal or not. He tried to comfort himself with such thoughts as he was lead closer to the chain link fence. Eventually they were right up against it and the leash was clipped to one of the poles. Carnage glanced up at the human that was his master just as he was walking away. He tried to follow, confused and whining more, but was held fast by the strong leather as the human got in and started his car. Much to his horror, he left.
It took him a day or so to calm down from the sudden abandonment. One of his worst fears, being alone, being left. There was no joy in loneliness, even if you had to be hurt to have it.

Only a week after his master had disappeared did he realize what was going on. He wasn't coming back.
Feeling betrayed and slightly embarrassed, he shifted to his human form and unbuckled the collar, letting it drop the ground, and walked away.