51 - DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE

Start from the beginning

I was walking to Psychology when I glimpsed him from a distance, head and shoulders taller than almost everyone in the hall. Justin looked like a god damned nightmare. A serious fucking nightmare, almost like he was wearing some hyper-realistic Halloween mask. His face is swollen, and the entire thing is a mass of colors, from angry eggplant purple that masks his eyes and around his nose to some vivid blue bruises that ring his eyebrows. His left eyebrow is just a giant swelled up ball, like he'd gotten a golf ball stuck under his skin, and reminds me vividly of when Flora Harkin had smashed her face against the lockers and looked like Quasimodo. Around his jaw is a mix of purple and green, those bruises somehow healing quickly, and even some yellow creeping along his skin like jaundice. 

Ohhhh yea, Justin has major Nightmare Face.

And Nightmare Face is definitely apart of the "I hate Clarisse Hornitt" Club, because when he saw me he glowered like it was my fault! He was the one who decided to start talking shit!! I didn't beat him up either, that was Abel...and I still don't know how to feel about that.

Anywayyyss, Nightmare Face Justin gave me a death-glare and I gave him the Evil Eye right fucking back, because, dude, fuck off. Now, I'm glowering around the hall looking for the person who made him into Nightmare Face Justin.

Abelllll, come out come out, wherevverrr you are... I look down the hall again, irritated now. I'm not even sure why I'm looking for him, or why I'm irritated he never came to talk to me. He'd said all he could, explained and apologized, and I'm not mad at him, or upset at him whatsoever. But he insisted on talking to me again, and now I'm all frazzled about him not being here.

That's because you wannnttt to talk to him! The voice in my head sings, and I feel heat rising in my cheeks. Urghh no! I mean...yes? Fuck it I don't know. 

Farida is texting rapidly on her phone now, back to talking to her older boy toy. Apparently he'd been begging to see her again, and she'd been really enjoying teasing him. I glance down the hall, biting my lip while my mind buzzes and buzzes in a turmoil of stupid thoughts. It was when I hoisted my backpack onto my back that I made my decision.

"Well, I'll see ya!" I said to Farida as I started making my way down the hall. But the wrong way, and she noticed.

"Where are you going?" She asks. God dammit. She managed to look up from her phone long enough  to see that I was not heading toward the main entrance and exit of the school. What the fuck! Why aren't you all distracted by your phone Farida??

"Uhhh...gonna goooo...err talk to Mrs.Morris. I have some questions in Trig." The lie sounded about as convincing as my Mom when she says she's 'fine' and most definitely is not, but fuck it, I'm gonna wing it.

Farida gave me a sly smile. "Ahhh, ask for help on Trig huh. Better go brush up on your skills before you spend anymore time with Sebastian huh?"

DEARSWEETJEEZUS--- Farida you better be glad I fucking love you or I'd have drop kicked your ass in the next state! She laughs at my glower and says to me as I turn on my heel and stomp away, "Byyyyeeee!" I wave over my shoulder angrily and hear her laugh again.

She would bring up Sebastian! It was all her and Scarlett wanted to talk about right after lunch, since they'd watched the entire scene of me attempting to help him and also when Nyssa and Mariah had added themselves to the shit-storm themselves. Scarlett, of course, had been concerned and worried about the ordeal (and vaguely angry) and Farida had told me I should have knocked them out with my chair. During our conversation Quenby had been stone-silent and within two minutes got up abruptly and never came back. 

Now, as I march down the hall, I can't help but think, Ha! Farida, you're wrong! I am NOT off to do anything that has anything to do with Sebastian! It is in fact, my other boy problem.