2- Is Change For The Better?

Chapter 2
Is Change For The Better?

For the last three years I have been having those dreams or I should say nightmares. Every time I sleep that accident comes back to me and haunts me to the core. I can never overcome the trauma, that night caused me.

My brother also misses her like me but I was there with her when this all was happening. I get get the haunting nightmares everytime I sleep. I just wish for a peaceful sleep is that so much to ask?

She was the closest to me. As the person I'm, I was never to much of a social butterfly. Who am I kidding here? I was only close to two people Dylan, my brother who is in college right now and her. We three were a gang. We didn't needed anyone when we were together. But as we grew they both had friends but I never really had one.

Firstly, because we three always played together and after Dylan started playing football he made new friends in school, I had her. But we still took out time for the three of us.

Actually they did that for me so I won't be the lonely one. I understood it as I grew up, they did it because they loved me. Secondly, as I grew up and tried making friends, I was clueless as to what to say to them? How to present myself? Will they like me? I got so nervous everytime I tried.

On the inside I didn't even wanted having friends because people are selfish and they only care about themselves, they would eventually leave you.

Yes it is from past experience. I made a friend in my last High school but since the accident everybody started talking about me and her. Giving thier useless assumptions to what would have happened. And my best friend left me so she didn't have to face everyone like me.

So moving out from my old house from Mystic, Connecticut is not that bad actually. It's the least I could do for my dad, he should lead a happy life. Not a life in which he is thinking about me at every second of his day. So I'm going to live with my mother from now on. I was always close to my father more but I love them both.

As I landed the plane with my mother beside me still ranting and making plans of the things we would be doing together. I was hoping to see Tyler, my boyfriend. Yes I don't socialize so it was all his effort in our relationship.

We met last year when he came to Mystic, Connecticut for his spring break to his aunt's house. And moving in Naperville, Illinois with my mother was also for him as we could be together. It was actually his idea and with dad in love with Miss Lydia Caron, it made sense for me to give them some space.

"Paige honey, you looking for someone?" My mother asked me knowingly, bringing stop to my thinking spree about Tyler.

I shook my head shyly. I was still uncomfortable to talk to her. We met after six months and she knows about Tyler. Apparently dad tells her about what's going on in my life. They both got divorced one year after that accident and Mom moved out to this place.

"Our cab is there" she pointed. I nodded and we walked to where the cab was. I was still thinking about Tyler and got inside the cab.

"Oh my god! What are you doing here? I thought you didn't come." I said surprised. Tyler came and my mother knew but, I didn't introduce them yet. It must be Tyler's idea.

"So you liked the surprise?" He asked cockily. And I lunged onto him for a hug.

I nodded into his chest. " Yes" I said shyly.

My mother cleared her throat to remind us of her presence. And I moved away from his arms putting some space between us.

She sat beside me through the car ride and Tyler on my other side. We were just holding hands since making conversations was not my cup of tea.