"At least now I know you're safe and sound." I look behind me to see if anyone found me.

"Do you have a weapon on you by any chance?" his voice is now dead serious.

I tap my back pockets.

"Yeah... yeah I do..." I mumble and close my eyes in fear of what he's going to answer.

"Listen, they're probably on their way to my place right now. I really need you to go out there and make sure that Ethan and Kayla are gone before they get there, okay? I count on you." he says out of breath I guess because he's running.

"Alright." I nod and as I'm about to hang up, he speaks again.

"Hailee?"

"Huh?" I raise my eyebrows and press the phone back on my ear.

"I love you."

I open my mouth to say something but nothing seems to come out. I furrow my brows and look down.

I hang up, frowning.

Fuck...

I spin my heels around and run off to his place.

Grayson's POV

"Hailee?" I ask when I hear a loud noise at the other end of the line.

I furrow my brows and look up straight in front of me.

"Hailee?!" I take my phone away from my ear and press my lips against the mic. I throw it on the ground and scream my lungs off.

Then it hits me.

Ethan is still at home...

She's never gonna have the time to warn him...

I run to my phone and check the battery percentage. The screen lits up, indicating the remaining 1% of battery. Not even 2 seconds later, it shuts off in my hands. I close my eyes and clench my jaw before throwing it at the wall, making it shatter everywhere.

FUCK!

I start running towards a cab that's slowly driving on the street.

Hailee's POV

I run. I run and I run again.

I don't stop.

I turn the corner of my street. I see the apartment from here. I pick up the pace and run faster.

I climb up the stairs, almost tripping over myself at every step I take. As I'm about to turn the doorknob and step in, I abruptly stop.

The door is already slightly opened.

This is not good.

This is not fucking good!

-----

Author's note :

⚠️GUYS this is the last chapter and it would mean the world to me if you could listen to the song I'm about to give you (it doesn't have any vocals, just instrumentals), because it took me forever to find the perfect audio and this one matches perfectly. So please go hit that play button and come right back ⚠️

Song : Bella's Lullaby (Twilight Soundtrack, 2:54)

-----

I barge in, panting, taking a look at my surroundings.

I reach for my glock and gently squeeze it in my hands, preparing myself for the worst.