F O R T Y - O N E

100 votes? thanks guys ♡︎

"You know... that was a really bad move you did there." Jared smiles widely and I tilt my head in wonder.

"What do you mean?" I smirk and he takes another sip of his wine.

"I could've spiked your drink and you would've never realized it." he raises an eyebrow and I chuckle.

"It wouldn't be your kind to do that now, wouldn't it?" I lean on the counter and he runs a hand in his messy hair.

"Well, you don't know me... so who knows?" he leans next to me and my gaze gets lost in his deep brown eyes.

"I guess we'll find out in a couple of minutes." I joke and he smiles while looking down.

"So tell me about you..." he turns around and presses his lower back against the counter while crossing his arm. I imitate him.

"There's nothing to know about me... My name is Hailee, I'm an orphan; my mother suicided herself when I was 9 and my father abused me so I guess I disowned myself from him. I don't even know if that's the truth, I mean... At least that's what my friends told me. Yeah I lost my memory after I got hit by a car and-"

"I wasn't talking about your past. I was talking about you..." he turns his head towards me and gives me a warm smile. I softly chuckle.

"Alright then... I'm a bad bitch that loves drama. I'm a big eccentric sometimes... I've never had a boyf-" I abruptly stop. I narrow my eyelids and I give him a teasing smile.

"I did have a boyfriend. Two actually... Twin brothers..." I close my eyes and chuckle.

"What was their names?" he takes another sip.

"Ethan and Grayson..."

"These Dolan kids huh..." he chuckles and I give him a wondering smile.

"You know them?" I take a sip of my wine.

"Who doesn't?" he walks to the fireplace and lights it up. He waves his hand in indication for me to follow him. I smile and walk down the step to the living room. We both sit on the couch, next to the fireplace.

"Are you warm now?" he smiles at me and I softly nod.

"Yeah, that wine is heating me up real good." I joke and he raises his eyebrows and laughs.

"Sorry... I say some pretty dumb stuff when I'm drunk..." I close my eyes and shake my head.

"No worries, I'm like that too." he shrugs.

I laugh.

-----

Author's note : For a better reading experience, put on the song "River flows in you" by Yiruma 😢

-----

Grayson's POV

The last person walks out the door and I close it while letting out a deep sigh. I walk up to the couch and sit on it, cupping my face in my hands. I run my hands up higher and tug on my hair, slowly rock myself back and forth, sobs escaping my mouth here and there.

She's gone...

and he's gone too...

Ethan's POV

I walk up to Candice's couch. I sit on it and press my hands in a pray sign against my lips while squeezing my eyes shut. I tiredly rub my eyes and sigh.