E I G H T E E N

A hand slides on my cheek and makes its way to my hair, softly stroking it.

I slightly open my eyes and see the shape of someone standing next to my bed

I slightly open my eyes and see the shape of someone standing next to my bed. I prop myself on my elbows and wait for my eyes to adjust with the lighting.

It's Grayson.

I tilt my head and press my cheek in the palm of his hand while he rubs his thumb on my cheekbone.

"Good morning babygirl..." he softly whispers and a light smile curls up on the corner of my lips.

I slowly stand up and pull him in a hug. I fold my arms around his torso and snuggle my face on his chest. He chuckles and caresses my hair.

"What time is it?" I mumble in his hoodie.

"It's almost 2 PM..." he smiles and kisses the top of my head.

I quickly pull away and stare at him with wide eyes.

"What do you mean it's almost 2 PM?" my jaw drops and my eyes open wider.

"I mean it's not like we slept at all yesterday night... we fell asleep at 6 AM. So you slept 8 hours..." he winks at me and a smirk appears on his lips.

I run a hand through my hair and rest my other one on my hipbone, staring blankly at the ground.

"Where are Paige and Ethan?" I look up at him with worry.

Knowing them, they're probably off sixty-nining each other.

"They're outside, finding some wood to make a fire later on tonight." he say as he walks to the bathroom. I follow him and lean against the doorframe as he washes his face.

"What do you mean 'making a fire tonight'? We're supposed to leave in like an hour if we want to make it home for tonight." I chuckle and furrow my brows.

He stands up and turns the water off.
His jaw clenches and he looks away.

"We're skipping school on Monday. We stay here." he looks back at me. His eyes are filled with worry. I know he's scared of my reaction.

"We can't skip on Monday, Grayson! I'm new at the school, I don't want to get expelled just yet! We already have detention on Monday so imagine if we don't go, we're going to be in deeper shit!" I yell and he squeezes his eyes shut before rubbing them.

"Hailee listen!" he yells back at me but I cut him off.

"No, you listen! I don't give a fuck if it breaks your fun or not, I'm going home tonight, end of the conversatio-"

"No, Hailee, that's not how it works. Both Ethan and Paige want to stay here and I want to stay here too. We want to have some fun, we-"

"That's all that ever matters to you, huh? You want to have some fun and never care about other people's feelings!" I wiggle my arms around and stomp the ground as I walk to the bed.