T W E N T Y - T W O

"What have you got yourself into..." I whisper as I gently grab my father's hand. I look down and sigh, sliding my thumb against his rough skin.

Nothing is never going to be the same...

I stand up and walk slowly to the door.
Grayson was waiting outside the whole time. I step out of the room and quickly glance to my left. Grayson was leaning against the wall, looking blankly at the ground.

He brings his gaze up to mine and his stare softens when our eyes meet. I give him a quick smile and walk past him. I hear him following me. A light smirk curls up on the corner of my lips.

-----

We pull over at Grayson's house. He drives the car in the garage and turns it off. He slides his hand on my thigh and sighs. His finger twitches. I look up at him as I lay a hand over his. He softly closes his eyes and chuckles.

"What a day..." he looks away and clenches his jaw. I nod and bite my lip.

What a week...

"Have you got any news from Paige?" he turns back to me and I rub my eyes.

"Nope... And I don't think I'll hear anything from her anytime soon." I bring my hand to my hair and scratch my head. I glance over at him.

He's smirking.

He opens his car door and gets out. I do the same and walk over to him. I interlock my fingers with his and we both walk in the house.

"E, we're home!" Grayson yells and a light smile appears on his lips. I turn to him and I find myself staring at his features.

His beautiful smile, his sharp jawline, his shining eyes... Damn, that boy is perfect.

Ethan walks down the stairs, followed by someone. I bring my gaze up and my eyes widen.

Paige?!

They both walk up to us, a light shade of pink invading their cheeks. Paige wraps both of her arms around Ethan's, snuggling her face behind his shoulder.

He stands tall in front of us with a light smirk

I can't seem to bring myself to say anything.
I'm fucking speechless.

Grayson takes a step forwards and clears his throat.

"What are you doing here?" he asks as he stares at Paige.

"I know she probably has a lot of explaining to do, but let's at least sit down and have a proper conversation. She doesn't want to create any more trouble." Ethan says as he places a hand in front of her to protect her.