o n e

Kevin

I gasped, feeling cold water come at me. I quickly opened my eyes only meeting with bright blue ones. Her little evil smirk dancing on her face as she quickly ran away.

Are you serious!?

My brother and sister and I, have this thing were we prank each other for no reason.

"Meilin!" I runned after her. My face was probably red from the anger I felt.

I hate her!

She was locked in her room so I just decided to go to my room to get ready for school. We had to pick up Jessica anyways.

I changed into my clothes getting ready to go to school. Usually I meet Jessica at the bus stop but today my mom and I are picking her up from her house.

I brushed my teeth and did my hair. My usual routine.

I walked downstairs, looking for my mom who was probably in the kitchen, cooking for my siblings and I.

"Mornin' mom." I greeted her, as I kissed her cheek.

Alexis, is the one that always leaves earlier, since he goes to college and it's pretty far away. So i wasn't surprised when he wasn't seating be the table.

Lucy was eating cereal, and was making a mess at it. I glared at her and smiled at me innocently, I rolled my eyes.

"Ready to leave?" My mom suddenly asked. I looked at her cleaning my self with a napking. "Yeah, Jess is probably ready." I said, since I really wasn't sure. Her mom had taken her phone away for getting in trouble. No surprise there. She's always getting in trouble, every single day as if it was a routine for her.

I buckled my seat belt as my mom turned on the engine. It was pretty cold outside this time of the month. November...christmas is almost coming. I can't wait.

The ride to Kris' house was pretty short, since it was like 8-9 minutes away from our house.

As we got there my mom honked her horn, making Kris' know that we were here.

After a few seconds Kris walked out. She was wearing not much different today, thought today she was wearing something Christmasy. She had on a sweatshirt that had a reindeer. And the rest of her outfit was black. It didn't match but she didn't look ugly. Everything looks good on her.

"Hi mom! Hi ugly!" She greeted. Let's say she doesn't have the greatest nickname for me, but I had gotten used to it. After years of desperately wanting her to stop,  she refused to stop, it was somehow amusing to her.

I just smiled at her, not really in the mood. I'm not a morning person at all. Kris is. I don't really know why we're even bestfriends we are complete opposite from one another.

As we drove to school I felt my eyes get droopy, everything else fading away.

***

"Kevin, mother fucker! Wake up!" I heard a yell and a hand slap my head.

Instantly, my body jerked up from the pain of my head.

"Kris! What the hell!" I hissed. Damn this girl hits hard.

"You wouldn't wake up, and hurry, our friends are waiting for us." She said as she waited for me outside of the passenger door.

I closed the door shut and walked besides Kris.

As we walked together people started whispering. Of course they weren't talking about me. Kris is popular, she's hooked up with a couple of football players, and probably two cheerleaders. Yeah, she's bisexual. Mind you, when I first met her and found out that she liked the same sex as her, I found it pretty hot. I don't know.

The whole school knows her, for being a reckless girl, but no matter what she does all she will ever worry about is her grades. She is a really smart girl, and I admire how she, it's so..her. She doesn't hide the real her.

Girls will often flirt with her, and jocks would to. I was just her best friend walking besides her as people admired her.

I don't really mind, I don't really like having much attention.

We made our way to the table that we've been seating since we entered high school. After a couple of weeks we met Eric, Lindsey, and Thomas. Since then, we connected never really left each other.

Life was so simple, I loved it.

.
.
.
.
.
So I hope you liked the first chapter of My Best Friend.

I have noticed that I edit them way too often, but it's just when I go to read it again it doenst sound right, so I hope this is a better chapter than the previous ones.

I will indeed be more active, also I have been writing more stories though I don't publish them since I get writers block a lot.

You get and idea, write it down and then you just loose all the ideas. It's a sudden thing, it drives me crazy!

Well this is a long author's note but much love :)

                             ♡♡♡