Preference! Dealing with your persistent exes

Hey guys! Finally back with another update for you all xD. 

I apologize for taking so long. Not only did college classes start, but I've been occupied with Mystic Messenger's new V route (yes, I know I am a dweeb and I am unashamed xD). 

This one I actually had to think hard about, simply because each of the characters reactions to these goes deeper than the surface level. Nonetheless, I hope you like it! In addition to the normal list of character I do, I also added Lotor at @NekkoKattWrites request!

Speaking of requests, I think I'll change the rules in suggesting them. I originally had it to where I would only respond to those in the comment sections of the most recent updates, but since most of you have been asking just generally in the comments, we'll keep it that way. I'll screenshot your request so I can help myself remember it. Just know that if you request something and I don't respond or write it, it's not that I don't want to do it I've probably just forgotten or lost your request. 

I'll try to post some of your other requests later this week. Thank you for all of them and your patience! You guys rock <3

-Oddball 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Preference! Dealing with your persistent exes

(If you don't have any exes (*cough* like me *cough*), past crushes who made you mad or hurt you can work as well. If you don't have any of those.... Please tell me what your secret to not falling in love is xD)

Keith (The Violent One): Is your ex texting you again and bothering you in public? You might want to hold Keith's hand to keep him from committing murder.

He's easily irritated due to his nature, but not only seeing someone making you uncomfortable and the fact that seeing someone else flirt with you makes him jealous, if the person persists he might resort to violence. It usually never gets that far however, since one malicious glare at your ex will make them run for the hills. His emo side may be annoying sometimes, but there are perks to it. xD

Keith: *glares*

Lance (The Worried One) : Is your ex messing with you? Be ready to be flirted with twice as much.

He'll try to deny that he's not jealous and even attempt at looking relaxed. But if your ex is around you'll find Lance holding your hand more, throwing his arm around your shoulder, constantly giving cheek kisses, and even dropping some of the thousands of pick up lines that you've heard a hundred times before. Whenever your ex isn't in the room, he'll ask you questions constantly such as, "You don't like him anymore, do you?" "What do you think of him still?" "You don't have feelings for him do you?" "Are you happy with the way I treat you?" You'll sigh, because even though he's being annoying... his attempts are slightly adorable. And it is nice to know he still cares.

Lance: You do still like only me, right?

Hunk (The Trusting One): Is your ex trying to hit you up again? Though he might be slightly jealous, Hunk trusts you to deal with him yourself.

His nature usually doesn't get violent unless it's something serious or extremely stressful. Seeing your ex flirt with you will make him slightly uncomfortable, but after a short talk with you about it all, he'll act more relaxed about the subject. He trusts that you won't falter in your loyalty to him and the whole while you're stressed about trying to cut out the toxin in your life he'll be your anchor, keeping you from losing it. However, if he does see you struggling too much, he will talk to the person himself. If it gets to that point, usually your ex never bothers you again. He's nice, trusting, and calm, but there is even a point for him where he'll take up the reigns. You feel safe by his side, knowing that if it ever gets to the point where you can't handle it anymore, he'll be there.

Hunk: Don't worry! You got this. ;)

Pidge (The Ranter): Your ex is in town and they're bothering you? Yep, here comes the rant from Pidge.

She won't be confrontational to your face or their face, but while your ex is in the room trying to flirt with you, it will be obvious how uncomfortable she is. Twitching nose, glances to the ground, shuffling of feet... the whole package. Once your ex is gone, the rant comes. "Did they seem weird to you? They did to me." "Their hair looked stupid." "They can't even coordinate their colors right. Their shirt and pants didn't match." "They can't even flirt right." "I just don't like them!" You chuckle under your breath. She's cute when she's jealous.

Pidge: ...they're ugly, stupid, and they don't compare to you. That's just that.

Shiro (The Intimidator): Your ex is trying to flirt with you? There's only one thing Shiro has to do to make them go away.

If your ex is flirting with you or trying to get your attention, Shiro won't even hesitate. He'll stand closer to you, put an arm affectionately around your shoulders, introduce himself as your boyfriend, and then watch your ex's expression grow nervous as they continue talking. Why? Because to your ex Shiro looks like he could beat anyone into a pulp. Usually after that they never bother you again. You laugh quietly to yourself, not because of the satisfaction of scaring your ex off, but simply because it's a privilege to know Shiro the way you do. To strange eyes he looks huge and intimidating, but you and his close friends know how much of a softie he really is, a softie that you just adore.

Shiro: I got your back (Y/N). :)

Allura (The Mediator): Is your ex being persistent? Take a deep breath and now that Allura will handle it.

Being her diplomatic self, she'll most likely help you two work things out and help your ex move on. She knows this means getting mixed up in your drama, but if it helps you walk away with little scars and help your ex walk away from you, she's practically willing to do anything. She might make mistakes in her mediation, but deep down you realize that she's doing her best to keep you from getting more hurt from the situation, even if that means risking the loss of you. You smile, knowing that she really does care for you.

Allura: Let's get to the heart of the problem, because cutting the roots hurts you less than hacking everything to pieces.

Coran: And ex is bothering you? Coran knows excellent ways to help you avoid them.

He's not one for confrontation. Never has been. But he notices that you're uncomfortable around your ex, meaning that not only your over him, but also that you want them to go away. So what does he do? He teaches you how to disappear like an expert. He'll also help you do so by rescuing you from awkward situations. This method doesn't always work with some persistent exes, but eventually they will get the message: you're not interested in them anymore and you want them to leave. You smile to yourself, happy that you have someone to help you and have your back, especially when it comes to weirdoes from your past.

Coran: Come on... I'll get you out of here. 

Lotor: You've got an ex on your tail? Ehehehe... they don't stand a chance.

If he sees your ex bothering you, he honestly doesn't have to do much. Sitting down next to you, all he has to do is say a few smooth words to you, show off his charm and charisma, and watch your ex's expression just drop. They know they have absolutely no chance of beating that. If there even is someone who can compete, you'll find his way of fighting for you is not only much more diplomatic, but also much more affective. He'll never raise a fist or finger, but beat them logically with his eloquent words, making them realize how little of a chance they have with you. Watching him in action, you beam with pride at the talent Lotor has, and how lucky you are to have him.

Lotor: Are you sure you really like (Y/N)? Let me explain... 

(AN: But, come on guys, let's be honest.... We all know Lotor's the ex xD)