02

[-Recommended: listen to the song above-]

ONE WEEK LATER

Y/N

I sat down on the couch drinking some coffee after the long day at work. My phone rang the second I took my first sip

I stood up and walked to the table sliding my finger across the screen.

"Hey Hanji" I greet as soon as I answer her call "doctor! Mrs.Joon isn't feeling well! We need you here right now!" She half yelled half cried through the phone.

I put the coffee in the sink and quickly ran outside after putting on some shoes and grabbing my apron.

I reached the hospital and ran to her room hurriedly

"Doctor you're here!" Hanji yelled as I quickly ran towards mrs.joon. "did you give her the medicine today?!" I yell at her

"I wanted to but she didn't want to take it!" She answered freaking out

"What do you mean she didn't want to take it?! You can't let her skip it! Are you insane Hanji?!" I scold her while checking the patients pulse

"I'm sorry!" She says and by now Hanji started crying.

"Get the room ready now!" I yelled. I didn't care if she was crying or not because there's a lady literally dying in front of me.

Hanji ran out and got the room ready. I quickly pushed the bed there after the room was ready.

We all knew she wouldn't make it but we still had to try our best "Call her sons" I ordered Hanji halfway through the operation.

"Doctor she won't make it" Minhyuk, another Doctor, commented when hanji left

"We have to try" I sighed and saw how bad her lungs have gotten.

The surgery soon ended and we all sighed in disappointment. I took off my gloves and washed my face

I put my mask back on and tied my hair up "we tried our best" minhyuk said as I smiled sadly and nodded.

One by one they slowly left the room. I looked at mrs.joon then walked out of the room and found her son waiting for his mom on the chair.

"Hi sir" I greet as he quickly stands up.

He was wearing simple grey sweatpants and a black shirt with messy hair, it was obvious he just got out of bed

"Hello Doctor, this is jung hyun. Her older son. How'd the surgery go?" He asked worried and terrified

I sigh and look down then back up. "I'm sorry but she didn't make it" I say as he freezes in his place.

"W-what do you mean?.." he asked and some tears fall from his eyes. "I'm sorry.. We really tried our best" I say then walk away.

I walked off cause I couldn't handle seeing a guy cry over his mother that passed away a few seconds ago. That's just heartbreaking.

I'll go to the funeral, since I've been her doctor for so long. She's been a great mother for me too. She's helped me a lot during these years.

- the funeral -

People crying, and the rest feeling sorry for the ones crying.

I left a bit too early because I really couldn't handle all of what happened. I sat outside and sighed then looked down at my fingers.

My phone beeped, so I reached for it and opened the message from Ji song

[Babe, I know it's really tough and I'm sorry I didn't come with you. You know how busy I am. Call me when your done I'll pick you up]

I smile a little and press the home button. I go to my photos and scroll through the pictures of me and mrs.Joon.

My heart crumbles by each second and I feel like I betrayed her. I promised her I'll save her. I promised her sons I'll make her live as long as I can.

But I didn't. I betrayed them all.

I stood up and walked back inside. The older son was crying and comforting his younger brother at the same time.

He rubbed his brother's back while his brother cried on his chest. My heart shattered at the sight of them crying like that.

My tears couldn't be held anymore and I just stood there looking at them.

The younger boy lifted his face that was filled with tears. His eyes shot red and cheeks still wet from all the crying

He looked at me and cried. I froze and everything around me stopped. I looked into his eyes and recognized them the second I saw them.

I dropped my bag next to me and my phone fell right next to it making the screen shatter.

My tears fall nonstop as my hand covers my mouth. He sits up and continues crying while looking at me

I close my eyes and breathe heavily then open them again. He's still there. This isn't a dream. This really is Jeon Jungkook.

 This really is Jeon Jungkook