Prologue

I walked down the streets of Seoul towards the bus stop. The sun wasn't even fully out, it was slightly dark instead.

4 am.

Yes; it was that early, the sun wasn't out yet but people were. Some going to work, some coming home after drinking all night, and some jogging.

That was Seoul, every person had something to do. The streets started getting filled with people as I wait for the bus.

My blue uniform didn't make me feel that warm nor did my white apron that was hanging around my wrist. My bag was over my shoulder as I rub my hands together for some heat.

I sigh heavily as I see the cold air coming out of my mouth. The bus finally pulled over as I step inside and wait for it to start moving.

I got to the hospital after about half an hour since the snow covered most of the roads. I go to my office and greet the doctors in the same room as me.

"Good morning" I smiled as they flash their smiles back at me "morning doctor," they say and bow slightly.

I take my seat and put my apron on my chair and my bag on the desk. "Y/n-ssi" the nurse runs towards me just as I turn on my laptop.

"What is it hanji?" I call out her name "the patient. Room 739" she says panting for air as I quickly stand up grabbing my apron then running out while she runs behind me.

This patient had lung cancer, she was in her late 40's or so. A mother of two. Her sons would visit her on the weekends but I never really saw them since I take the weekends off. Nurses say they're really good looking but I don't really care about that.

I open the door and try calming the patient down. She was screaming, not wanting any more needles piercing through her skin. "Mrs.joon! Please calm down!" I said as she slowly obeys.

The injection passed through her skin as the nurse carefully pulls it out afterward. "Mrs.jeon, calm down. you'll be okay" I smile earning her smile back.

But her smile wasn't the happy smile, it was a smile through pain.. just so much pain can be read from that very smile.

"You've been saying that ever since I got here 4 years ago" she replies with sadness tracing her voice